• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

GAHHHH!!! what is this??

BeefStew42791

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok...I've spent the past hour and a half dealing with this and another wad of time searching. The previous owner of my truck was nice enough to hacksaw the clutch line *cough cough* tim *cough cough* lol, and I'm trying to disconnect the hydro. clutch line after the T. It would help if I knew what the blasted name for this little monster was so, my question is does anyone know what the heck this thing is called and/or any tricks to get it out?? The truck is a 93 Ranger STX 4.0 4x4. Pics below. Thanks in advance.

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
You trying to remove the line from the Master?

If so, you need to punch that roll pin out with a small puch or a finishing nail works great as well. The line will come out after that. Dont loose the pin!

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
With the engine out of the chassis a Giganormous pair of Channel-loc pliers and a roll pin punch work fine

As for the line being "cut" he had no choice because the couple was a solid ball of corrosion and was inseperable from the slave cylinder anyway.

AD

Last edited:

BeefStew42791

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
BII:

Thanks man, I'll try the finish nail idea if I can find one some where around here..

a Giganormous pair of Channel-loc pliers and a roll pinch work fine
where could I find this roll pinch you speak of? I've probably seen it or even used it before but the name is new to me. Thanks too buddy.

bout the cut line btw I figured there had to be a good reason for it..or at least I was hoping there was lol, but yea no biggie I've got another one from my parts truck but I figured a lil laugh couldn't hurt:icon_thumby:

jmsmith76

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L 6 cylinder
Transmission
Manual
it took me forever to figure out how to get that damn pin out when i replaced my master cylinder. i ended up cutting a piece of wire clothes hanger and clamping that in my leatherman and pushing the pin through. lol

BeefStew42791

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
haha yea, that things a bugger. Thankfully I did get it out though, I took a nail head dowel (the finish nail was too small but it got me in the right direction, thanks again bII) and went up from the bottom. I can't believe it took so much force to get it out though. I don't see how it could be done with the engine in there....

Anyway, thanks again guys. The help was much appreciated:)

jmsmith76

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L 6 cylinder
Transmission
Manual
I don't see how it could be done with the engine in there....
Yeah, it was rather difficult, I probably looked pretty funny in the parkin lot at my apartment complex with my arms down in there up to my shoulders tryin to maneuver around stuff to dig that thing out. lol.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Roll Pin Punch.

Typo, I corrected it.

It can be done with the engine installed.

You need either to:
A)be "flexible"
B)Remove the inner fender.
C) Pulle the whole damned master

My vote is for "C" because it is simply not possible
to properly bleed a '93-up master cylinder with it installed
in the truck.

BeefStew42791

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ooohhhhh..ok lol, I have seen (no I don't mean because of the google search I just did-.-) and used those. And yea I can definitely see the value of pulling the entire thing, that stupid black drum was in my way almost the entire time and I was about ready to hacksaw THAT thing off lol. Fortunately, I didn't. Thanks again:)

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
I do mean the clutch master cylinder, don't touch the brakes if you don't have to....

So other than that how is your project comming?

Get much done up there on your own private mountain top since I dropped it off?

AD

BeefStew42791

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yea, I figured that would only compound my problem-.-

well, I got the body mount issue taken care of. I also redid that passenger side front hub. I'm 99.999% done with the interior, aaand right now I'm just looking for a 4.0, 5 speed + transfer case, and the money to buy em with lol. I did a trial though with the 2.3l's electrical (I put the harness and the computer in the truck) and everything worked except the right rear tailight, which I easily fixed. Its cool now to work on it and listen to the radio at the same time lol. I killed the battery tho X( so that was the end of that...As of late I'm waiting on my thread in the pfs classifieds to run out so I can post a new one for parting out the whole truck.

JerseyBoy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
Transmission
Automatic
i can tell you the part # from ford. its F57Z-7A512-A. it is the hidro line that runs from the master silinder to the slave silinder. there is a tool you need to get the line out from the slave silinder. the part it self is a delership ONLY part and will cast you about $100. to get it off of the master silinder you need to push that metel pin out of the plastic and it will then just POP off with a little tug

JerseyBoy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
Transmission
Automatic
sorry didnt read all the posts to see you got that part done. im in the mitel of trying to fix omost the same problom. the one guy seed its imposibel to bleed the master silinder wiel its in the truck?? can you pless tell me how to do it then becus im going to have to do that on tusday. PM me for the way to do it pless thank you very much

BeefStew42791

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i can tell you the part # from ford. its F57Z-7A512-A. it is the hidro line that runs from the master silinder to the slave silinder. there is a tool you need to get the line out from the slave silinder. the part it self is a delership ONLY part and will cast you about $100. to get it off of the master silinder you need to push that metel pin out of the plastic and it will then just POP off with a little tug
o really? thanks, sounds like somethin good to know lol. hopefully I'll be able to use the hydro. line off my parts truck, cuz 100 bucks for that is insane-.- Are you talkin bout the black solid 'line' tho, or the hose? that goes to the reservoir? yea what I was fussin with was the metal pin. Apparently I just needed to stop trying to be nice to it lol.

sorry didnt read all the posts to see you got that part done. im in the mitel of trying to fix omost the same problom. the one guy seed its imposibel to bleed the master silinder wiel its in the truck?? can you pless tell me how to do it then becus im going to have to do that on tusday. PM me for the way to do it pless thank you very much
nah thats ok, lotsa people do that:) As for bleedin the hydro. clutch check this article out (its in the tech library), I'll prolly be referring to it too in the hopefully near future.
http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/bleedclutch.htm

JerseyBoy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
Transmission
Automatic
the $100 line im talking about is the one that you where trying to get the pin out off. that 1 line gose from where that pin is all the way to the slave silinder. i hope i can funagel it out myself. the line wount be in till tusday for me but im gana try to get everything apart now so all i have to do is pop it back togeth. im told the hidro line is very hard to bleed but 2 tips iv herd but haveint seen on here is A: pull the trani off WITH the lines plug in and tern it 1/4 tern so the bleeder and hose face strat up. and B: jack the back side of the truck up 3 feet and have her sit on that angel wiel you bleed the truck. im going for B. the way im gana get the back of a lifted truck up 3 foot is esey.. my friend drive a tow truck:icon_thumby: so im in like fleen. i hope:icon_confused:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals