• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

God I hate my local Junk yards

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
The local yards around here seem to have pretty good prices, and are usually pretty chill about looking in the yard. I guess you kinda have to be when you're burning RV's and crushing boats and selling them for scrap 'metal.'

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
dude, I want to burn my RV (satan was the original owner) and collect the insurance......... but my mom is $15,000 upside down in it........

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I do like there cross reference books, but the yards here never have what I am after ..... most of the F/S GM's of my vintage have been sold for scrap. but they are full of RBV's and TTB F-250's.
I think they have trees to grow that GM stuff on down here. Parts seem to be laying around everywhere for them for pretty cheap.

Southern3.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, what a turd...
Transmission
Manual
The problem is all the yard around me call them selves "used parts store" and charge almost new prices....

Oh well, If I can't find what I'm looking for I guess I'm gonna have to learn how to use a Dial indicator and how to set a rear end up

Shit If I had a yard like that around I'd be willing to pay 5 - 10 bucks just to look

Wow, that sucks... u-pulls around here are awesome compared to yours. You dont even have to tell em what ur wanting, just go out back and have at it. The bigger stuff like engines, axles, and trannys can be a lil spendy cuz if theyre good theyve already pulled em, but i went in got the 'FORD' emblems off of a 76, drivers window out of B2, front yoke for rear driveline, t-case shifter and just a wheelbarrow full of stuff, like 5.0 symbols... it was all like $25. Half the time if you just want something small like an under hood light, theyre like "eh, its yours". Tho they started this deal where its $1 to get in now...

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
maybe we should work out a trade. I need a D60 front from a 73-87 1 ton to replace my corp 10bolt.

LittleBigFoot

V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
79-00
Make / Model
Mostly Ford.
Engine Size
Building a 408w
Transmission
Automatic
The online ones overcharge the worst from what I've seen. They were charging 760 for a front D44 front with disks and 3.73's

I could buy an entire bronco for that and salvage the 302 and the D44 and Ford 9 for well under 500 around here

TRUNK_MONKEY

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep
Transmission
Automatic
well damn

we paid 450 for axle and springs,but the axle had 7000 miles on it. and was geared right for our use to match the front.a bit steep,but a total bolt in.FYI all,we put a 2004 ranger rear axle in a 1990 ranger--all bolted right in,and we used the 2004 springs too-all bolted right in.it had a 7.5 as the original axle.

:buttkick: for junkyards

Mobtown

Reaction score
Crazy Ray's is the place to be in Baltimore.

$1 Cover
Set Prices
Constantly rotating inventory (week to week I find new donors)
FOUR locations within an hour of each other means that even if I cant find what I need in one spot, I can be diging through a whole new pile in no time at all.

Ray, you are The Man. :icon_cheers:

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
around here the junk yards almost never call you back when you ask them about parts and they say 4.10's are rare.if you can read the ford axle tags youll find that they are more common than you might think.a lot of the 4 banger trucks came with those axles.i took the axle tags off so the wrecker wouldent gouge me on the price(it costed them the same as a 2.75 axle to haul off)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals