• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

good quality wax that will last a while??

1991fordranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
okay so ive been using mothers synthetic wax to wax my truck when i do, my truck is a 91 so the paint isnt in brand new condition but it cleans up well.. the thing is after using the mothers wax its very smooth and shiny and feels like butter until you wash it, i use maguires carwash soap and after u wash it it feels like it hasent been waxed in months.. my dad said the same thing because he started using it on his harley.. so im here to find a replacement wax to the mothers crap.. what wax to you recommend that will last and keep my truck and my dads harley feeling like butter? price doesnt matter just want it last and really make my truck shiny and smooth.. thanks guys

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
I use Mothers with Carnauba. I have used to for several yrs now and it does not feel rough after a wash at all.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Maguire’s and Mothers carnauba waxes are like the best. I use them both and love them. Just remember to wax in the shade or under cover (like a garage). The carnauba wax is easy to apply and will last for some time.

:icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I've found that while Mothers waxes leave a fantastic finish, they don't last very long. Now I exclusively use Meguiars NXT wax. It leaves the same great finish but lasts a lot longer.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I have a wax and detailing obsession. I can't stand Mothers wax. I don't really like Meguires either. If you want something that will last look into sealants. One of my favorite products is Blackfire Wet Diamond. I use it before winter and water still beads when winter is over. Very slick too. Especially after you clay bar. I've refused to use most part store wax after trying a lot of it and being disappointed in it. Autogeek.net has some of the best.quality brands. If you're looking to spend a little money on a carnuba wax go with Pinnacle Souvron (spelled incredibly wrong). Great looking finish but doesn't last as long as a sealant. It also cost about a hundred bucks a tub.

Sent from the think n' stink.

Last edited:

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
I use Meguiar's only as well. I've not been impressed with Mother's, Nufinish, or Turtle Wax.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
Go to your local private airport (small airport for small planes)....get the wax in the blue can--it's good up to 250mph in rain! Ain't cheap!

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Pinnacle is awesome stuff..

McGuire's PRO is decent stuff...not stuff from Wal-Mart. Nothing from Wal-Mart is gonna be that great...

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I never got into using the Mother's wax. I'm not sold on the synthetic waxes either, but I use it on my lawn tractor since I don't have to be overly neat with it - if you get synthetic on trim or whatnot, it doesn't leave a white powder later. Plus the price was right on the bottle... a free giveaway.

I have used Meguires Gold Class for years. I love it, but it doesn't seem to last more than a couple months. I have been quite satisfied in the improvement of shine though over things like Turtle Wax, the Meguires really brings out the metallic flake in my paint. Some of the other waxes like Turtle Wax or Nu-Finish will last longer than a higher end wax, and they can work fine on solid colors.

My F-150 refused to shine up with just a couple coats of wax and it took 4 coats in 3 months before it started to bead water. Then it would just bead it during the first rain or two and the wax seemed gone. I finally got around to taking a buffer to it to clean up some clearcoat scratches and found that when I was done, water beaded and it shined up nice. Of course, spare time being dear to me, it's been a year and I still haven't got around to finishing buffing the truck, lol. I used Meguires for the buffing work as well (not the gold class, I'd have to go look at the bottles).

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Is this what you used? I used both of these with lake country pads when I buffed my truck and it turned out incredible.

My choice of wax: $95.00 (I got lucky and got a buy one get one free deal)

If you are looking for longevity this is hands down my pick: $37.99

triumphrider-1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F150
Engine Size
3.7L
Transmission
Automatic
I've found that while Mothers waxes leave a fantastic finish, they don't last very long. Now I exclusively use Meguiars NXT wax. It leaves the same great finish but lasts a lot longer.
Same here.

I hit mine with a clay bar, or rubbing/polishing compound once a year; and wax it with NXT two to three times a year.

naford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Insulator wax.

1991fordranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
where can i get the 854

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I know autogeek.net has it but I don't know any brick and mortar stores that would

Sent from the think n' stink.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals