• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

goodyear auto shops

Ranger4657

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.ohh nooo
Transmission
Automatic
are insanely retarded.
im working on my brothers truck right now. getting it rolling again.
did the ball joints today, and found a few things that ticked me off....

first was that they did not install those inner brake pad clips (that keep it from going cockeyed) on both sides! so they got cockeyed and messed up the inner side of the rotor.
total so far 100$ for front break job at good year...30$ to turn rotors and 30$ for new pads .... 160$ into FRONT (havent inspected rears yet which they also did)

next thing was they charged an extra 150$ to "grease the chassis" which included the wheel bearings. turns out they stipped one of the spindles ( the inner wasnt tourqued at all... the outter nut was cross threaded on the first two threads) hes lucky nothing happend lol. and to make up for all of this, it looks like they just threw a whole can of grease into the hubs and "hoped that fixed it"

bottom line,
screw good year! bunch of low lifes.
im glad it wasnt my truck, i would have shot them.
picture was after i wiped off the can of grease

Last edited:

User Name missing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
they crushed the brakelines on my moms car when they did her tires (crushed them with the lift). didnt bother to fix it until she found out and told them to fix it for free.

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
One of the grand reasons why I didn't join Firestone as an auto mechanic. Firestone is know to cheap and cut corners. I believed in doing the work correctly the first time, all the time. Not only that, but they weren't going to keep me in the same shop that they were going to take over. And 6 months later on that shop, they are already have been caught several times for charging customers for items that they did not need or wanted.

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Bottom line, do it yourself! I've learned that over the years!

Ranger4657

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.ohh nooo
Transmission
Automatic
yeah exactly!!! im glad i had an extra spindle from swapping another d35 in my truck, those are way to much of a pain to get at a junker, i would have bought one, and there expencive.

the other thingi forgot to mention was they also ruined the alternator!!! they put a bigger hose on the heater core going to the T above the alt. that has the ECU temp sensor. leaked down into it. haha. what a buncha jerks.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Goodyear has done a lot of work on our rides and lots of our friends and never had we ever heard of a complaint about them. I guess it is just the luck of the draw...but if the truck had been there then get the receipt and take it back to them, unless it has been years since the work was done.

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I took my first Ranger to them for a drive clean test...first they said they couldn't test it because the clutch was going...even though I drove it there and didn't have a problem...then drove it for another 150,000 Km before I swapped engines and only decided to replace the clutch because I was swapping in the engine anyways...

Another time they said it needed rear seals (I could see where the guy sprayed oil on the drum to make it look like it was leaking...I just looked at the guy and told him not to worry about the rear seals and just do the brakes like I'd ask them to do in the first place...the rear seals were never a problem on that truck and I put over 150,000 Km on it before the rebuild...

Ranger4657

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.ohh nooo
Transmission
Automatic
well, is all back togther today, looks clean and sharp as a whistle , just how i like it. i know my brother was driving it for like 3 years since good year did brakes. i cant immagine how his gas mileage was. when i got the truck he said " yeah the thing gets like 13 mpg" and its a 2.3 L !! haha.
i jacked it up yesterday and tried to move the wheel by hand. it wouldent even budge.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
You run the risk of this happening every time you use a chain shop. Do you think they give a shit if they piss off a few customers? Hell no. No shortage of new customers if your town is big enough to have chain shops.

Use local shops or do it yourself.

Ak_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Wow When I use to work at a lube center, when some one got an oil change we checked and lubed the chassis for free.....another reasen I do all the work I can my self, and what I cant (or dont want to do lol) I take it to some one I trust.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals