• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Great Googly Moogly!!!!! Read this, Guys!!!

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Great Googly Moogly!! You won’t believe what I saw about 40 min. ago!!! I was coming back from the VA Hospital and I was driving on the crosstown in a bit of traffic when I saw in my rear view mirror a small car that seemed to be towing a white trailer. It was moving up very fast. I was doing about 75 mph in the far left hand lane. This car is driving right at 145+mph!! I quickly moved over to the middle lane and then all of a sudden I see this car zoom by and it is being chased by another car (not towing a trailer). It is a black convertible BMW Z4M and about 35 feet behind it is a White and black striped 2013 Mustang Boss trying to catch it. A bunch of cars are now braking and moving over and these two idiots are now cutting in and out of traffic and accelerating even faster. The Mustang had these horribly loud exhaust and as the ‘Stang slows it is backing firing and growing like a dying dragon. Bratttttt, bratttt, brumppp. and you hear these noises as the gas pedal is applied and lifted up. Sparks coming out the duel exhaust tips and then they just keep accelerating and moving on. I can see them way up ahead of me and the BMW just takes off like a rocket ship!! The Mustang is behind by at least 40 yards now and is still trying to catch that BMW. They both are still weaving in and out of traffic and then the BMW starts to get out of view as it is still accelerating. And then I can’t see the BMW anymore. I can see that ‘Stang trying to weave in and out of heavy traffic now trying to still catch that BMW and he just moves right up against the concrete barrier on the right hand lane. I see sparks and dust flying off the right side of the ‘Stang and the guy keeps on going. His car left some marks on the barrier so he must have some serious damage. Man!! He then starts to cut off a Tacoma and he just spins back into the concrete barrier once again. This guy will not let up. He must really want to catch that BMW. There is only two exits at this point…one goes to Highway 301 and the other goes to the Brandon area Mall. I get to the end of the crosstown and there are 4 cop cars with lights flashing blocking traffic. The ‘Stang had no place to go at this point. The BMW was not to be seen there. He could have taken the 301 exit since I did not see him there at the stop light. Some of the other drivers must have call 911 about the racing!!! Wow!! Fast cop response, since the area where I first saw them takes me about was about 12 min. to get to the end of the Crosstown. I wish to heel I had mounted my dash video camera today…did not think I would need it….LOL. What a vid that would have made!!!

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Dude, you just described the opening clip of Need For Speed: Most Wanted.

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Holy crap thats hard to read. Good story, needs to be spaced out a bit so its not so hard to read.

Tedybear

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 2001
Make / Model
1994 Ford Bronc
Engine Size
5.8v8
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Failing is easy. Everyone can do it.
Glad no one was killed in that mess.

S-

ridgerunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That was Hammond and Clarkson doing a show in the states for the BBC. Captain Slow was way behind them somewhere.

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
"Cadillac moving on the the open road,
But nothin outrun my V8 Ford
Maybelline why caint you be true?
You started back doing those things you used to do"

with apologies to C. Berry. :D

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Dude, you just described the opening clip of Need For Speed: Most Wanted.
Is that a movie or a reality show? Never heard of it...lol

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Holy crap thats hard to read. Good story, needs to be spaced out a bit so its not so hard to read.
I did that from my Ipad. If I was at a 'puter I would have done it much better......lol

You mean like this?? lol

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic

CurtisP87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That was Hammond and Clarkson doing a show in the states for the BBC. Captain Slow was way behind them somewhere.
:icon_rofl:

Love it, I watch these guys quasi-religiously. So funny.

But, is anyone else a bit alarmed that a z4 pulling a trailer so easily outran a boss mustang...? What's ford playin at here?

Last edited:

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
They were both crazy for doing that on a public road. 5-8 really fast cars got together and ran their version of the cannon ball run up I-30/90 a couple years ago here in Wis and it took a helocopter to track them. Think the limit on a stock Boss is 150-155 mph, plus don't have the power to pull faster.
Dave

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Think the limit on a stock Boss is 150-155 mph, plus don't have the power to pull faster.
Dave
The governor is 147mph on the Boss 302. Which would explain why he was topped out.

Truth-be-told, they really aren't that much quicker than a GT. They only have 24 more hp.

EDIT: I just went and looked up the numbers on a Z4M. It appears the have the same 333hp inline 6 that my Brother's M3 has. Now.... I know my Brother's M3 is a quick little buggar, but my Mustang will give it all it can handle (in a straight line). I certainly am not going to beat a Boss 302. Something smells of fish.

You sure it wasn't a V6 Stray?

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I can't see someone paying $20-60k+ car (depending on what was) and doing that to it.

I wonder if the cars were hot...

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
The governor is 147mph on the Boss 302. Which would explain why he was topped out.

Truth-be-told, they really aren't that much quicker than a GT. They only have 24 more hp.

EDIT: I just went and looked up the numbers on a Z4M. It appears the have the same 333hp inline 6 that my Brother's M3 has. Now.... I know my Brother's M3 is a quick little buggar, but my Mustang will give it all it can handle (in a straight line). I certainly am not going to beat a Boss 302. Something smells of fish.

You sure it wasn't a V6 Stray?

NO!! I have raced cars and motorcycles most of my life. You know the sound of a V8, Bro. That tiny BMW also weighs a bit less and it is a fast car off the floor. Just wondered if the guy had built it up a bit? I don't even know the year of that BMW...they all seem to look alike....lol!! Man, that thing was fast. I just wish I had my GoPro mounted on the dash that day. I don't take anything with me when we go to malls or the VA Hospital. Just something you got to hide out of view to keep scum away!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals