• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Grill and headlight trim..

yyc_tbird_sc

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I've got a '97 Ranger, and need to put in a new header panel, and headlights and corner lights. I'm also thinking I'll put in a new grill while I'm at it as the one I have is starting to flake and I wouldn't mind a new one in there. Question for you guys though...the grills, I have an option of picking up a flareside grill and headlight trims for fairly cheap. Is there any difference between these and a styleside? I can't see any so far, but thought I'd check.

09ajmaros

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 Flex
Transmission
Automatic
As far as i know, there shouldn't be a difference between the two from the cab forward. I wouln't think they would be different.

robmedina

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I would think they would be identical front ends as well- post a pic when your done, I have a 97 also and would like to see what you do with your frontend.

yyc_tbird_sc

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I had an accident a few years ago, and got a good deal on a header panel from a '94 ranger that included the grill and everything. Put a set of crystal clear headlights and corner lights in. Painted the grill and headlight trims a metallic grey, it looks good. But for some reason it never looked like it fit properly.

A little bit of off roading, along with a fair bit of brush pushing with the truck, and I cracked the driver's side corner light, and cracked the header panel. Also the headlights have a broken tab on them now causing them to move around.

I've ordered a new header panel and grill from Ford (got a wholesale account so the pricing is better than LMC), and the headlight trims had to come from LMC as they're discontinued from Ford. A new set of headlights and corner lights from EBay. Going to paint the grill the same color again, but I may wait until the spring to do it as this weather sucks and I'm probably going to fix some rust and body dings then as well.

What it looked like when I bought the truck (and working on a winch bumper):

What it looks like now:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals