• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Had An accident!! HELP!!

chrisman212

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I rearended someone today and when I the truck stopped into the person in front of me, the motor and Transmission kept goin about 3-4 inches. The motor mounts snapped, the transmission cross member rolled and the drive shaft slipped out of the tranny. or I giess the drive shaft stayed in place and the tranny shifted off the drive shaft. I was able to move mym truck a fey hundred feet to the nearest maaco and was able to park it there for the time being. I am replacing the motor mounts and the cross member but my concern is the transmission. when moving the truck I was able to run through the gears but the power from the engine to the drive shaft was very much less than usual. I am hoping that this is because maby the trany was not fully enguaging the drive shaft because it is almose all the way out. Any speculation about weater this is because the drive shaft is not fully in the transmission or does anyone think I have a problem with the transmission. Ofcorse I will find out for sure when I repair the damage in a couple of weeks but any input would be helpful so I can have an idea of what to expect.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I would say the front end is not straight any more, and that's why it moved slower.

You would hear lots of grinding noises if it was a manual transmission issue or slipping drive shaft

enjr44

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 2X4; 08 FX4
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Are you sure the motor and ect. went forward or did the front end move back. That seems more likely to me.

At three or four inches I would think the fan would be in the radiator.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals