• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Had the sled out..

Danger-Ranger96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys, figured i'd post a pic of the new tow rig in action i just recently bought a sled deck for it and now i don't need to haul around a trailer :yahoo:

GB4000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Only one question to be answered... How do you get it up there?

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Ramps, or the deck tilts. Nice 08'/09', be prepared to get the rad replaced....done it 3 times now on my old mans, it's only got 120k and is highway driven.

-andrew

rangerbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
I landed my polaris on my jeep's hood about a week ago trying to clear it lol. Smashed my windshield and now the hood is permanantly shut, oh well its just a pos bog truck I took off my Grandpa's wrecking yard. Thats how I'd get it up there.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Gawd, will an earlier model grille fit on that truck? That thing is taking a big bite out of the public sense of humor--which I need to keep people from throwing rocks at my old Civic.

I just want to drive something that doesn't make me feel like I should have an attitude problem. That grille is way too much personality for me. It looks like the truck is going to start unfolding right there, turn into a 20' robot and start shooting rockets.

rangerbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
Gawd, will an earlier model grille fit on that truck? That thing is taking a big bite out of the public sense of humor--which I need to keep people from throwing rocks at my old Civic.

I just want to drive something that doesn't make me feel like I should have an attitude problem. That grille is way too much personality for me. It looks like the truck is going to start unfolding right there, turn into a 20' robot and start shooting rockets.
FORD, Modeling their trucks after Optimus Prime since 1903, and succeeding.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Ramps, or the deck tilts. Nice 08'/09', be prepared to get the rad replaced....done it 3 times now on my old mans, it's only got 120k and is highway driven.

-andrew
has it had the 08B06 recall performed yet? Let me guess, upper front corner on the drivers side?

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
It was such a huge recall they say they're backordered on parts. They keep replacing it with the same old rad, hopefully it'll get fixed properly before it's miled out and get's sold to someone without a warranty. And ya, thats where it leaks, lol....that and the mystery rear pinion seal leak....taken it back twice for a leak, still looks like the same seal to me. I'm damn tempted to paint marker/dimple it to see if they actually replace it. He put's 10-12k on it a month, so stuff shows up quick.

Now, enough thread hijacking....he's got a diablo sport tuner on his truck that he leaves at the 50hp setting and he's gained 4mpg with no other mods. Well worth the $$$, however mileage is only about +2 at 80hp, and it goes in the hole on extreme/160hp setting.

-andrew

brendank

It's only money...
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey Josh, is that in Fort Mac?

We have about 6" of snow here. I think it will be the first Christmas ever where I won't be out snowmobiling due to lack of snow.

Glad to see at least someone can make use of their investment.

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic

w3rd to that. That's why I can't stand newer full size trucks. :dunno:

Danger-Ranger96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
It was such a huge recall they say they're backordered on parts. They keep replacing it with the same old rad, hopefully it'll get fixed properly before it's miled out and get's sold to someone without a warranty. And ya, thats where it leaks, lol....that and the mystery rear pinion seal leak....taken it back twice for a leak, still looks like the same seal to me. I'm damn tempted to paint marker/dimple it to see if they actually replace it. He put's 10-12k on it a month, so stuff shows up quick.

Now, enough thread hijacking....he's got a diablo sport tuner on his truck that he leaves at the 50hp setting and he's gained 4mpg with no other mods. Well worth the $$$, however mileage is only about +2 at 80hp, and it goes in the hole on extreme/160hp setting.

-andrew
To date i've had 3 recalls fixed on it, one for the rad, one for the airbag minder light (it kept flashing) and of course the active regeneration Flame ball recall.

Its only got 40k KM on it so it just went in for the "big service" 2 checkups ago.

Also the mp3 player decided to stop playing mp3 cds, so warranty covered the new stereo they had to put in it. Its a great truck, but seriously terrible mileage, 10.9 mpg in city is a little tough on the wallet, especially when diesel is still 20 cents a litre more expensive then gasoline heh

Yea brendan that's in mcmurray. The snow has been a little slower falling down this year too, but we have a good foot of snow on the ground now.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals