• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

headlight options for 88

pangborn83

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
or you could ship em to a buddies house, stop by n install em. If she noticed just say you had to get two cause you blew one and got a better deal on two than you woulda buying one

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
or you could ship em to a buddies house, stop by n install em. If she noticed just say you had to get two cause you blew one and got a better deal on two than you woulda buying one
:icon_hornsup:

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
eh they are already shipped haha. i get home before she does... she may not even notice when i put the new ones in lol.

i used her paypal account, but then transfered funds from my account to her account, and then got in her email and deleted the confirmation emails and such.

she probably won't even know haha.

pangborn83

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
eh they are already shipped haha. i get home before she does... she may not even notice when i put the new ones in lol.

i used her paypal account, but then transfered funds from my account to her account, and then got in her email and deleted the confirmation emails and such.

wait untill she gets her monthly statement :icon_surprised: you left a papper trail. Let us know how you like them, I might go for them or spring for these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1983-1988-FORD-RANGER-PRO-HEADLIGHTS-H4-HID-KIT-1987-83_W0QQitemZ360222208965QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item53deeab3c5 sorta torn between the two. I am thinking for the price the hids may be poor quality but at the same time for $100 should I do it :icon_confused:

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
wait untill she gets her monthly statement :icon_surprised: you left a papper trail. Let us know how you like them, I might go for them or spring for these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1983-1988-FORD-RANGER-PRO-HEADLIGHTS-H4-HID-KIT-1987-83_W0QQitemZ360222208965QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item53deeab3c5 sorta torn between the two. I am thinking for the price the hids may be poor quality but at the same time for $100 should I do it :icon_confused:
paypal doesnt have a montly statement.

hes clear.:icon_thumby:

pangborn83

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic

I was under the impression he paid with money from her checking or savings account then transfered money from his checking or savings account to hers not paid with funds that showed up in her pay pal account because if he had a pay pal account so that he could replenish her pay pal account he probally would have paid from his own. If what I am thinking is right it will show up in her monthly statement from her bank.

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
I was under the impression he paid with money from her checking or savings account then transfered money from his checking or savings account to hers not paid with funds that showed up in her pay pal account because if he had a pay pal account so that he could replenish her pay pal account he probally would have paid from his own. If what I am thinking is right it will show up in her monthly statement from her bank.
i'll just tell her i had to use her card to get gas to go pick up my paycheck.

she'll believe it.

pangborn83

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Thats cool, just wantedyou to know there may be questions if it camefrom her bank. I am pretty good about covering up anything I dont want the wife to know about LOL. She usually dont care but I know how to if need be.

Mtrhd0024

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
LOL!

I love how this turned from a "lighting" thread, to a "how to cover yer tracks and order stuff yer woman don't find out" thread :L haha!

Maybe we should start a new thread? This could be a very useful topic to some people! :p hahaha!

bronco_lou

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 explorer 4.0
Transmission
Automatic

Mtrhd0024

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Does anyone know if the gen 2 bulbs will fit in these housings? I have an 88 BII and I have replaced the complete wiring harness with one from a 94 explorer, looking for a way to hook up my headlights like they are in the explorer.
Thanks,
Louis
Nope, I don't believe they will. The Explorer uses 9006 or 9007 bulbs. (same socket, the plug is just wired differently depending on the bulb) At least in the picture, those housings look like they use H4 bulbs which are completely different.

Just go to your nearest advanced auto/autozone/napa, and pick yourself up an H4 plug. Cut the old plug off and splice the H4 plug in (just check the wiring colors and make sure you get the high/low wires in the correct place) and then you'd be set to use those housings. Shouldn't be a big deal if you just replaced the whole wiring harness in your 88! :icon_thumby:

bronco_lou

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 explorer 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks, I have the old harness to get the plugs from, Just hate cutting the new harness :)

Louis

Mtrhd0024

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks, I have the old harness to get the plugs from, Just hate cutting the new harness :)

Louis
haha yea, just cut, solder, heatshrink, and then wrap it in split loom. thats the way I do my splicing, and you can't tell the difference between it and the factory wiring!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals