• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Heat constantly blows out floor vents

hntr45

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys, so I have been having issues with my HVAC. woohoo.... anyways I know the problem must be vacuum related but I can't seem to figure out what is actually wrong. I would assume that the vacuum reservoir under the hood is fine because i do get vacuum into the firewall. From there it goes into the vacuum selector switch (controls ac, floor, vent, defrost, etc.) after that I have no clue what to check. I recently replaced the vacuum selector switch also, but it did not fix it. I also noticed the motor directly behind the glove box is not opening when it should. I pulled the white hose off of it and checked the vacuum, and there is very little vacuum. I'm not sure if that helps at all, but I want to be specific as possible because I don't have too much experience with vacuum lines.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
It's possible the line is pinched or plugged.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
From what I recall (and there was recently a good article on replacing the A/C but also covered how things work) the blend door on the right by the kick panel opens and closes when the engine is started/turned off. If you have no vacuum there you need to trace the line back to the selector switch and make sure it is connected there.

I know it's pretty cut and dried as to how they connect, but it's also very easy to actually not connect them properly...as I've done so myself.

Once you've confirmed that there are no leaks there (and the vacuum is critical to engine performance) it may be necessary to start checking individual lines...but...

You said there is vacuum to the firewall...how far did you actually test that?

Aside from confirming that...the only other thing that I know of that can go wrong with these controls is the blend door...and you will probably hear it thunk (or whatever noise it makes) when it is changing air flow...the blend door can, apparently, break and stop functioning...leaving you without certain functions...usually no heat at all or no A/C

You can use the search function at the top right to search for specific items...or check out the Tech Library for more complete troubleshooting information...if nobody else provides a link, that is!

hntr45

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That could be true.. on my ranger I believe the blend door is electronic. And i have fixed it before but it is possible that it broke again

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals