• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

heater control shot?

snoman6115

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
ok so now im thinkin my heater controls assym might be shot. it will only blow air for defrost, no matter wat position its in except off then only a bit of warm air comes thru all vents, o and it only blows warm air, anyone have that happen and figure out wat it was?

kinglouie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I know this doesn't solve your problem, but my 95 is doing the same thing. I changed the control assembly and that didn't solve it and I noticed my vacuum lines didn't seem to be working for the heater. I am now trying to locate where the vacuum lines come from the motor. I am not a mechanic and am learning as I go. I wish you luck.

creepinjeepster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990 and 1991
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
90-2.9 and 91-3.0
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, it is probably a vacuum line. For the heat system, it usually comes through the firewall by the heater box/blower motor, but most of the time in my experience, the vacuum problem has been under the dashboard. Listen for the hiss. Sometimes a stethescope helps if you have one.

As for the warm air only, I would also check to make sure your blend door is working and closing completely.

snoman6115

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
actually my problem was one of the auto hubs was shit and leaking. switched to man and unhooked the vacuum lines to thema nd there ya go. now everything works

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals