• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hello from Indy!

96firephoenix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys, I'm a pretty accomplished shadetree mechanic from Indy, I've got a 97 ranger that my wife uses for a DD, as well as a 96 Ranger that was my Winter beater until it blew a head gasket... now it just takes up space.

Been looking through some of the conversion info on the Tech side, and thought I'd join the forum to get/share insights and tips/tricks into working on these things.

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Welcome, I hope you will post some pictures of the Splash. You don't see many of them anymore.

96firephoenix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
well upon more research, it seems that it is merely a stepside, not an actual splash model. I understand there was a bumper kit and fog lights that went with the splash model... I'll be fixing the signature...

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Mine Ranger isn't a Splash it's just a XLT flairside that I added Splash decals and some aftermarket parts to. If your Ranger is a flairside with body color grille, mirrors and bumpers there is a good chance it is a Splash. Even if it's not it always nice to see more Ranger pictures posted.

96firephoenix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Mine Ranger isn't a Splash it's just a XLT flairside that I added Splash decals and some aftermarket parts to. If your Ranger is a flairside with body color grille, mirrors and bumpers there is a good chance it is a Splash. Even if it's not it always nice to see more Ranger pictures posted.
chrome/SS bumpers, aftermarket grille :/ , black mirrors... I'll have to find my camera...

Edit: Camera found.

Tow kit and Tonneau cover courtesy of yours truly.

Crappy looking tint and cheap grill courtesy of previous owner. Dents courtesy of a hailstorm during previous owner's reign.

Last edited:

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I like the Ranger in red. It looks about like the same package my Ranger came with. Someone told my if you put dry ice on the hail dent on a very hot day when the sheet metal is hot, the dents will pop out. It almost sounds too go to be true. He said he has seen it done and it works. Maybe worth a try.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals