• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hello from the East Side of St. Louis Mo!

Kage

March 2012 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well I’ve been lurking around for awhile now, and figured it was time to “pay up” for your rather awesome Tech library (it truly does put other Tech Libraries I’ve used to shame). The $10 investment has already paid for itself already.

The toy that brought me here is a well loved ’94 Super Cab. Purchased from the original owner at 216k miles on the odometer. Thankfully, they were a well cared for 216k miles, as when I picked up the truck, the PO handed me a stack of service records (and even the original window sticker). However, that’s not to say there aren’t a few issues that I’ve been sorting through to get this truck back to where it needs to be (Intake gasket, rusty valve covers, broken electric windows, etc etc). But over all, its very solid for a Midwest truck, and I haven’t heard a high mileage motor sound this good in along time.

The day I picked it up:

And no, the faded graphics didn’t last long…

This ranger isn’t my first RBV that would be an ’84 BII that got stuck everywhere yet Jumped very well, but I can say that the ranger is the nicest RBV I’ve owned :icon_twisted:

Currently I’m making the transition from being a ‘pseudo-jeep’ guy as I am coming from the Jeep Cherokee (XJ) world. (Climbing Baby Bear down at Flat Nasty)

For those who might be interested in the XJ, You can find the build thread here at my Jeep clubs website <---Clicky

Starting to see a progression yet? Needless to say, the Ranger isn’t going to stay stock for long. The goal is to get the truck done before the XJ’s tags expire in March 2011. I’ve nearly completed gathering all the parts I need to start building the Ranger by the end of this month (wife permitting), so I’ll post up a build thread once some real progress starts.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Welcome to TRS~!

Glad you decided to become a PM also...:icon_thumby:

JFox4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 L I4
Transmission
Manual
thats awesome man, cant wait to see it done!! Good to have you on the forums

Kage

March 2012 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to TRS~!

Glad you decided to become a PM also...:icon_thumby:
Thanks!... So I sent off my pay-pal at 11:30 CST today, does that mean my sticker will be here tomorrow :D

JFox4 said:
thats awesome man, cant wait to see it done!! Good to have you on the forums
Thanks, as I get a little further along, I'll post something worth looking at. Right now, the only excitiment going on with is is the power window repair. Which is turning into a royal pain due to the damaged caused to the door from when the truck was broken into (prior to my owning the truck). I'm this >< close to just grabbing another donor door and calling it good :annoyed:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Thanks!... So I sent off my pay-pal at 11:30 CST today, does that mean my sticker will be here tomorrow :D
Um, no, actually...it's a drive-through service...mailing costs another $10...lol

Jim is usually pretty quick about sending them out, but I think he does them in batches to save from running to the Post Office every day...should be there in a week or so...

Nater

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Welcome from a West St. Louis County native.

Kage

March 2012 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Um, no, actually...it's a drive-through service...mailing costs another $10...lol

Jim is usually pretty quick about sending them out, but I think he does them in batches to save from running to the Post Office every day...should be there in a week or so...
Yeah I figured as much. I know in my Jeep club we're doing pretty good to get club stickers out within a month :icon_rofl: . Either way, not that worried about it as it'll get here when it gets here. I would like my snazzy gold bar under my name though :icon_bounceblue:

Welcome from a West St. Louis County native.
Thanks! I'm guessing you're with the .mil to have moved from West County to Bamberg, Germany?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals