• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

help w/electrical

W8S SS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
i posted basically the same thread in the introductions forum but here's the problems i face with my 97 ranger i just bought last night...hopefully someone can shed some light unlike my haynes manual

4x4 not working- i know the automatic hubs suck so i'll probably go to manuals, hoping thats teh problem

windshield wipers and cruise control not working- the wipers are hard wired now so i'm hoping its a fuse or relay

interior light not always turning off- it didnt work last night when i bought it so i checked the fuse and it was blown. put a 20 amp in there and it only shuts off when it wants too now

door ajar light on- dont have a clue what this could be

i can't find a diagram of my fuse box on my truck or in the haynes manual so is there one online i can print up?

thanks for taking the time to help me out!!!!

Seabiscuit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
One project at a time. If you register your vehicle on ford website you can get access to the owners manual. The owners manual will have the fuse box diagram.

W8S SS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
thanks for the help. i downloaded the manual and checked all the fuses. everything looks good. now i'm going to autozone to pop new relays in to see if that will fix the wipers dilemma. if that doesnt work, what should i try next?

Ranger5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
befor throwing parts at your truck with the hopes of fixing it, try saving some money, and spending more TIME. Check the relays to see if they are still good first.

JamesC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/2005
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
350 chev/3.0
If your dome light isn't turning off and your door ajar light is on that means you probably have a problem with a door switch. so id by start checking that.

W8S SS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
i read soemwhere that if you spray wd40 on the latch of the doors, it can free up the connection for the door ajar sensor...sure enough i sprayed both doors and the light is off the dash and the dome light works great! i disconnected the battery to clean the terminals and the check engine light is off now and the 4x4 doesnt flash anymore. autozone doesnt sell the relays so maybe i'll try ford tomorrow. hopefully the relay for the wipers and cruise control is the problem so i can stop worrying about it. as far as spending time and money on it, i have both but this is my DD so its not my pride and joy...i got my SS for that :icon_hornsup:...thanks for the help so far though!

Seabiscuit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Does the dome light change (on/off, off/on) when you open the door or start/shutoff the vehicle?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals