• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help with 2001 B4000 suspension.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Automatic
Hey so my 2001 B4000 4x4 has been levelled and I put 31 x 10.5's on it and it looks great..... except the fact that there is only about 4 1/2" - 4 3/4" of room between the top of the tire and the bottom of the fender on front and back. Is this normal or should it be more? everything except the tires was done by the previous owner so I really don't know whats been done to the suspension I can only assume it's been levelled because it rides pretty rough in the front end and it looks level to the back end. Any help is much appreciated thank you in advance!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Automatic
Just checked some my measurements again an it would seem the passenger side has a larger gap (front and back) than the drivers side. Yet the front end looks equal so does the back?:icon_confused:

DFracing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
you and you gas tank are on the drivers side. it will sit a bit lower.

as for the ride quality the back end of the rangers are so light there are known to be a little harsh and flop and around. and for the front he cranked the torsion bars to make the front sit higher which would result in a more rough ride

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Automatic
you and you gas tank are on the drivers side. it will sit a bit lower.

as for the ride quality the back end of the rangers are so light there are known to be a little harsh and flop and around. and for the front he cranked the torsion bars to make the front sit higher which would result in a more rough ride
Ok thanks I didn't know about the tank, but shouldn't there be closer to 5" - 5 1/2" space between the wheel and the fender? Like this looks like nothing was even done like stock maybe even lower!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals