• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Homemade Lift For Bronco II

marcehboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
I bought a 1990 2.9l V6 5 speed bronco II for $100. It was hit in the front so I bought a donor truck to fix it up with. The donor truck is an 89 2wd supercab ranger with the same motor. So far I have removed both front clips including inner fenders and radiator supports. I have a set of 33s i wanna run on it. I will soon be purchasing new body mounts for it and thinking of puting in a 2 inch body lift while im there. I need to find a way to lift the front and am looking for suggestions, on a tight budget. For the rear I have a set of 2wd F-150 leaf springs i plan on making work.

Anyone ever had expirience with the F-150 leafs?
Any suggestions for front lift comination?

alaskan155

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002 2000
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
7.3l/4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
search for bronco iv, that bronco is running f150 leafs cant miss it has round headlights

marcehboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
Ive been following your bronco for a while but could they be made to work without the f-150 front hangers?

marcehboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
I see thanks for the help, im still looking to piece together a front lift

marcehboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
Think Im going to use the bronco top leaf and the rest of the F150 leaf pack. Any downfalls to this?

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
You might loose a bit of lift. The F150 springs are arched more than the stock B2 main. when you bolt them down it will want to draw the main leaf to the arc of the F150 leaves. Depending on how strong your main is you may retain the F150 curve or loose a bit.

I would suggest cutting the F150 main down to better support the B2 leaf. you may not loose as much arc to the springs.

marcehboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah thats a great idea i didnt even think of that, i just dont wanna get into pulling the bolts out of the main spring eyes, just a lot of work if i can avoid it. I bout the bronco for a hundred buck knowing it was crashed. it needed a front clip basically including inner fenders, rad. support, and radiator. When i got it i fired it up and made sure 4x4 worked and it did so i bought a donor truck and now im to the point where im waiting on new body mounts the throw the new front clip on it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals