• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

how big????

bumblebee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hey guys i am going to put a 302 in my ranger in the near furture. i was wondering if anyone has put a 347 stroker in their ranger?? and if so how does it work out?? if no one has whats the biggest motor you have dumped in it besides bbf's?

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
bobbywalter has a 6.5 chevy diesel in his 88 ranger.

bumblebee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
thats sick id love to put a diesel in my 89 but i think i would go with a 12 valve cummings. ive seen one on youtube but it was not running just video of the motor. i think that would be a difficult swap though

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Gwaii has a 7.5l (460 cui) ford motor in his... Gas

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
^^^ he cheated tho....his is in the bed, not under the hood :icon_twisted:

-Nathan-

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 / 2001
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
HO 5.0 / 7.3 PSD
Transmission
Manual
thats sick id love to put a diesel in my 89 but i think i would go with a 12 valve cummings. ive seen one on youtube but it was not running just video of the motor. i think that would be a difficult swap though
ummm its Cummins. People have put anything and everything in a Ranger. Google is your friend.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
^^^ he cheated tho....his is in the bed, not under the hood :icon_twisted:
You tell him his motor doesn't count! Him and his 10,000ftlbs of torque at the wheels (10,000 per wheel)

bumblebee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You tell him his motor doesn't count! Him and his 10,000ftlbs of torque at the wheels (10,000 per wheel)
uhh 10,000 ftlbs of torque is a little to hard to belive some one is fibbing some where i would not belive that unless i seen it on the dyno lol but that would be pretty sweet but you would have to have a majorly twisted 575 cat in it haha that would be pretty sick to do

Endoverend47

November 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l turbo
Transmission
Manual
uhh 10,000 ftlbs of torque is a little to hard to belive some one is fibbing some where i would not belive that unless i seen it on the dyno lol but that would be pretty sweet but you would have to have a majorly twisted 575 cat in it haha that would be pretty sick to do
he has like 3 transmissions, and 2 tcases...it takes like 8 min for it to make one revolution of the tire at idle. pretty sure thats where the torque is comming from but i doubt its 10,000

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I believe it was 8 minutes at redline, for one revolution of the tire... Iirc, He's running 5.13's in the diffs, plus the 2 t/c's and 3 manual trans, behind a well built 460 (which stock had 375 ft/lbs)

I could be wrong on these details though...

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
hey guys i am going to put a 302 in my ranger in the near furture. i was wondering if anyone has put a 347 stroker in their ranger?? and if so how does it work out?? if no one has whats the biggest motor you have dumped in it besides bbf's?
Just remember...the more hp you want to make the more you need to upgrade every weak link in your Ranger. Solid axle conversion works best and so does swapping out rear end and that front end. I know people who put in 400 hp 302 and bought the farm a lot until they upgraded to stronger parts. If you want to crawl slow, then that is cool. If you want to go faster just remember that your parts won't last as long with a less hp motor. So, I am saying just plan that upgrade for the future and just expect something to break.

bumblebee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just remember...the more hp you want to make the more you need to upgrade every weak link in your Ranger. Solid axle conversion works best and so does swapping out rear end and that front end. I know people who put in 400 hp 302 and bought the farm a lot until they upgraded to stronger parts. If you want to crawl slow, then that is cool. If you want to go faster just remember that your parts won't last as long with a less hp motor. So, I am saying just plan that upgrade for the future and just expect something to break.
o ya i know that i have big plans for the truck. so it will take me awhille to get it done, but it should be worth it. right now im going to do an sas swap but only going to use a d30 i know it is weak and sounds dumb to do but, i would not be able to do it myself and there is a guy i want to do it for me were i live im moveing in november. im head to sacromento to go to uti so when i get down there i am going to have a ford 9inch built in to a front axle and im going to do 9inchs all the way around. alot of people tell me im wasteing my time and my hopes are to high but i love wrenching. and i dont want to build an old car i want to build the truck my grandpa gave me. so it should be worth it.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i helped build a fwd car that uses a 9" on the front end... but because the axle is upside down, it has to have a custom lube system, including electric oil pump and filter...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals