• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

how much would you pay

youngstroker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
got a lead on a truck 1990, ranger, regular cab, 4x4, 2.9l, with a 5 speed, body and interior in good shape. truck has been severely over heated, coolant leaking around spark plugs, conectors show signs of melting. build plan is to pull the motor out of my mud truck, and put it in the new truck, i have a 4" lift for this truck that i would put on it, throw some 31's on. maybe keep it for a DD or try to flip it.

my question is how much would you pay for the truck the way it sits now, and how much would you pay for it when it was done?

FritzTKatt

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
500/1500 (more like 1200...)

If the truck is actually that clean and in working order. I think you'd have to put more work into it than just that. But any way, you already lost money just for the parts and a little bit of labor. So flipping it probably won't be worth your effort. But if it's a good truck then you're set to keep it. You just won't see the ROI without someone who really wants a ranger.

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If it is not running, no more than 500

youngstroker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
It is a friend of a friend. i said i would do $400, witch is more than scrap price and they dont have to get a truck and trailer to get rid of it. I think that is fair for both parties.

youngstroker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
got another lead on a 1990-1992 not sure on the year, another reg, 5 speed, but only 2x4, and it has a 3.0l with a leaking timeing cover, i offered $300, body is ruff, cab corner are gone, bed is is pretty bad, fenders are good, good running gear. how is the 3.0l, are they solid motors, what kind of MPG do they get, how are they on power compared to the 2.9l and the 4.0l?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals