• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

i found my cabmount replacement at a 1/3 of the price that ford charges

rangernut

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
i have an 89 ranger regular cab and i have been riding around with both of my cab mounts rusted free from the frame. needless to say the ride wasn't very smooth, but my local ford dealership wanted 127.00 each mount, which i just couldn't afford to put that much into my old truck no matter how much i love her. i found a store on ebay that sells a replacement mount for 34.95. i ordered 2 and when i got them, they are way heavier than the originals and very well made. very satisfied. i would highly recommend going on ebay and typing in ranger cab mount to find them. i think they were in pittsburgh somewhere but they shipped to me ups. they even have the rubbers if you need them (i didn't at the time, but i wish i would have bought them and changed everything because i know i'll need the rubbers here soon)
well good luck everyone and like jerry says "just keep truckin"

Last edited:

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I checked with 'ranger cab mount' and didn't find them. I only got (3) results. Is there a manufacturers name or name of the seller?

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
what sucks is that there was a guy a couple years ago that sold them for $25 WITH the bushing...that $35 one doesn't even have a bushing..

rangernut

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
sorry, type in ranger frame bracket

sorry, i thought they called it a cab mount but they actually call it a frame bracket.
i dug out my reciept -
it was parker metal products, they aren't in pittsuburgh, they are in tarentum, pa
their phone number is 724-224-2472 incase you still can't find them on ebay.

z-man...25 dollars with the rubber, did you actually buy this? it seems a little too cheap (if there is such a thing) this bracket i bought couldn't be made for less than 25 unless it was from japan or china or something, but they told me this was made in the good old u.s. of a. sometimes when something is so cheap i have found it to be low quality or poor fit. as much as i would have loved to pay 25 bucks with the bushings, i searched everywhere for these things before i bought them, and i only found them in 2 places, ford dealer and ebay.
good luck everyone! have a great weekend

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
sorry, i thought they called it a cab mount but they actually call it a frame bracket.
i dug out my reciept -
it was parker metal products, they aren't in pittsuburgh, they are in tarentum, pa
their phone number is 724-224-2472 incase you still can't find them on ebay.

z-man...25 dollars with the rubber, did you actually buy this? it seems a little too cheap (if there is such a thing) this bracket i bought couldn't be made for less than 25 unless it was from japan or china or something, but they told me this was made in the good old u.s. of a. sometimes when something is so cheap i have found it to be low quality or poor fit. as much as i would have loved to pay 25 bucks with the bushings, i searched everywhere for these things before i bought them, and i only found them in 2 places, ford dealer and ebay.
good luck everyone! have a great weekend
My friend put one on my '92 longbed before I bought it from him. The bracket was EXACTLY the same as the one those guys are selling...just 14 gauge bent on a break. Only difference is that the $35 one comes painted. A guy in Brook Park Ohio sold them out of his parts store, and on ebay.

rangernut

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
14 guage? oh its definately different, this is 8th inch steel plate, but mine came bare metal unpainted, 14 guage is not even 16th inch? did it hold up? just doesn't seem like that would be strong enough. maybe there is a couple different manufacturers of it. i like the one i bought, but if i would have seen the one for 25 i bet i would have bought it too.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals