• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I know it's not a rbv but who cares

oatmealman

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep yj 14b rea
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well I drained the diff and rolled the axle so I do have a governor locker in the rear:bawling:.I'm gonna run it tell it blows up and have a carrier with a spool ready.The front will stay open for now.Adam and I got the motor/trans/t-case pulled outta the jeep and Monday the new axles are going in.I'm getting ready to order the advance adapters motor mounts and cross member,the t-case mount will consist of square tubing and plates welded onto the end and bolted to the frame so it'll be easily removable.The slip yoke is gonna stay in the np208 until I step down to a 205 and twin stick it.

84projectFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i think that gov lock will last longer than you think in that truck. light weight and makin sure its engaged befroe hammerin on it and it will probably last a while. i have one in my dmax (it is the AAM 11.5 rear end, bit bigger than yours lol) and i do doughnuts with it, go down trails and crawl with it and will do burn outs with it all day long with no probs yea (has 122,000 on it too). i know it was kind of a prob inthe ten bolts but they also had weak spider gears in there so that could have been a contributor to the "gov bomb" lol

oatmealman

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep yj 14b rea
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i think that gov lock will last longer than you think in that truck. light weight and makin sure its engaged befroe hammerin on it and it will probably last a while. i have one in my dmax (it is the AAM 11.5 rear end, bit bigger than yours lol) and i do doughnuts with it, go down trails and crawl with it and will do burn outs with it all day long with no probs yea (has 122,000 on it too). i know it was kind of a prob inthe ten bolts but they also had weak spider gears in there so that could have been a contributor to the "gov bomb" lol

I'm hoping it'll hold up.I've been looking for a way to just lock it permant but haven't found anything so far?Adam and I got the axles out today and now it's a waiting game on Advance adapters part to hurry up and get the 350 engine saddle to me so I can start putting it back together.

oatmealman

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep yj 14b rea
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Got the motor in today.The advance adapters piece is beautiful.Fit right in with some slight hammering.The engine was kind of a pain to drop in because the forklift isn't exactly a precision tool.Tomorrow Adam and I are heading down to get the axles in and I'd like to also get the transfer case supported.I'm gonna reuse the factory skid play and just chop where ever it hits to make it work.I'm also getting a np205 for free.I'll run the np208 til it blows though:headbang:

oatmealman

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep yj 14b rea
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Got the axles in today thanks to my dad who came down and was motivated to get something done.The rear was easy,the front was kind of a pain but we got it figured out and now all it needs is some new u-bolts and I'm gonna fab up some spring plates with built a pin welded to them for the sway bars for quick discos.Rear springs sit at 18 1/2 from the bottom to the ground and the front is at 18 1/4.The t-case sits 18 from the ground to the lowest part.It's got some damn good clearance.The skid plate won't work because it's right in the way of the front drive shaft so next weekend I'll finish getting the axles in and go get some dom and have high country 4x4 bend it up for me.Should be pretty easy.The hard part is coming next and that's wiring.I'm not looking forward to that but I'll have to be motivated to ever get this done.

Last edited:

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
whats the word on your toy?

oatmealman

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep yj 14b rea
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Nothing done yet.I'm gonna make the crossmember this weekend and possible throw the front clip on.oh and also put my ubolts on.

crawlin91

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
nice progress. im jealous of the shop space

oatmealman

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep yj 14b rea
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
nice progress. im jealous of the shop space
ya me too.It's nice having a father that owns a car dealership.I get free access to the shop and can pretty much work on it whenever.

oatmealman

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep yj 14b rea
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I wasn't feeling like doing much today so I just threw the front clip on for some inspiration and just to see how well I can fit 35's.It's gonna fit 35's damn well and will give a fair amount of room to flex.

Adam with the front clip.lots of ground clearance.

My dad holding the rear up because on jeeps the rear is held up by the body.This is around were it should sit.

oatmealman

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep yj 14b rea
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well I lost some motivation of this pig for a while but now I'm motivated to get shit done now.Tomorrow it's fabbing up a t-case cross member,and then getting to work on the drive shafts.I also have to pick up a new axle yoke,mine is fubared and chipped.

oatmealman

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep yj 14b rea
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well hot damn it's been a while since it's been updated.I lost motivation for a good while on this thing and it hasn't gotten to far.The rear is getting a double triangulated 4 link with an 8" stretch and 38's i've finally decided.I'm just now finishing up the t-case crossmember,damn that thing was a bitch.I've still got a lot of work ahead of me but i'm motivated as ever to get this pig bitch done.

VICTORHUGO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0 STOCK
Transmission
Automatic
Cool

That is cool another jeep owner like me yeahhh

And i go to be the next in change some parts in my crappy cj7,and make other thread

look this is my baby

cj7 body with chassis,of yj,ax15 tranny,and the piece of s hit dana 30 and 35 with 4.11 gears,and the crap 4.2 engine

the new old axles is a ford 9 big bearing with 4.11 and dana 44 high pinion from 79 bronco :icon_hornsup:,all the wire harness from xj,head,and ecm,headers for 4.0(jeep of course)and thinking in a stroker 4.5 lts

crawlin91

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
you done yet?:D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals