• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I need some help

phatdaddy

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/1988
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
460/ 2.9
Transmission
Manual
I just found a 1993 EXPLORER for sale for 600 , I don't care for them but it would be a great donor for my 88 ranger. The explorer has the. 4.0 and 8.8 rear and the dana 35 up front. Do yall think it is a good buy the truck is in running condition and the 4x4 works .

Last edited:

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What is the gear ratio on the front and rear end hopefully 3.73 that will work at least for a while.Is it a manual m50d or an a4ld manual being more reliable.The easiest way to do the conversion is changing the dash too.Will the color and condition of the dash look good in your truck ?If you do this go through everything on the car do the dash lights work, AC , ect. That way at the end you know if your chasing new or old problems but what your doing is really worth while.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 & 7.5 460
Transmission
Manual
I just got a 1997 mountaineer 4X4 v-8 for free :yahoo:. I hate paying for parts cars.

phatdaddy

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/1988
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
460/ 2.9
Transmission
Manual
What is the gear ratio on the front and rear end hopefully 3.73 that will work at least for a while.Is it a manual m50d or an a4ld manual being more reliable.The easiest way to do the conversion is changing the dash too.Will the color and condition of the dash look good in your truck ?If you do this go through everything on the car do the dash lights work, AC , ect. That way at the end you know if your chasing new or old problems but what your doing is really worth while.
The gears are 411 he says its auto and I do plan to swap the dash its mint condition

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
the question is why is it cheap? most of them are cheap because the auto tranny crapped out...

the 4.10 gears are pretty rare in them, but it's not a bad buy if all of the drivetrain works decent

phatdaddy

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/1988
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
460/ 2.9
Transmission
Manual
he says the motor smokes under the hood from some gaskets that are leaking and the last owner told him that the head gaskets had to be changed once before so he does not trust it.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
oh, valve covers are either loose (or just need to be siliconed, use ultra black) or the intake gasket needs to be changed, that's not a hard task on those things...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals