• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I want this soooo bad. Your missing out if you don't look

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
Would be a cool toy if you had megabucks to do it! :icon_thumby:

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Ya have fun doing that...

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
When I did my 4.0 swap, I was really having trouble deciding between the 4.0 and 4BT. I went with the 4.0 since it was a drop in and I was on a time schedule. The 4BT caused issues with my front suspension (would need a heavier spring) and I was wondering how long the t-case doubler and axles would hold up behind that torque. I didnt want to have to rebuild my whole rig. Looking back, I had a lead on a 4BT and trans and it would of been a nice swap. HOWEVER, after my motor issue on Ultimate Adventure, I would of been really screwed since they are alot harder to find than a 4.0 or 2.9!

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
i wanted to put one into my 4x4 69 F250... till i saw that a rebuilable core goes for like $2000-$2500. then i'd have to find the super expensive transmission and transfercase combo. and an adapter to mate it all up.

the truck will rust to pieces before that ever happens so im just keeping the gas guzzler 390

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Why waste your money? Just enjoy what you got like I do and buy neat stuff with the money you are saving by not buying something like that....lol

93 Ohio Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XLT
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Why waste your money? Just enjoy what you got like I do and buy neat stuff with the money you are saving by not buying something like that....lol
Than the world would be boring, its fun to build vehicles like this. My rangers getting the 4bt this winter. My friend has a 79 f250 with one, hx35,denny t fuel pin, pump timing altered, marine injectors and marine pistons,60 pound valve springs, and running bio diesel and getting 30ish mpg.

goodie85

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
7.3 turbo diesel
Transmission
Automatic
its the fact of being different next fall i plan on doing the 4bt swap im sick of getting 12 miles to a gallon with this 5.0 and when your on the 4bt you still get high 20's....and ill be able to pull anything a half ton could if not more

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think it looks ad sounds badass. I would love something different like that. But what i dont really get, is what purpose that much tourqe would do in a ranger. Like, of course you would redo the drivetrain and such, but its still built to be a 1/4 ton.. Couldnt see a ranger very useful for stuff a F-250 is made for. Altho i know alot of people do it, so idk lol. I just have my old gen2 with the 2.9 and sagging rear leafs so im in a whoooole different ballpark :p

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
When I did my 4.0 swap, I was really having trouble deciding between the 4.0 and 4BT. I went with the 4.0 since it was a drop in and I was on a time schedule. The 4BT caused issues with my front suspension (would need a heavier spring) and I was wondering how long the t-case doubler and axles would hold up behind that torque. I didnt want to have to rebuild my whole rig. Looking back, I had a lead on a 4BT and trans and it would of been a nice swap. HOWEVER, after my motor issue on Ultimate Adventure, I would of been really screwed since they are alot harder to find than a 4.0 or 2.9!
:icon_rofl: yeah finding a 4bt under the circumstances you had would have been a pain.. i heard about that.. even talked to a guy in hernando about it.. he said he knew someone in Cally something or another...

but yes, i'll take 2 of the 4bt ranger! :thefinger:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals