• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

If the Ranger lives on redesigned how will it differ?

bmacsys

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
From the product we have today? How will it be different and what would people like to see changed?

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
I'd like to see a four door model, a turbo Diesel or a V8, and a straight axle...

But it's unlikely

bmxryder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i would like to see a long travel set up similar to the f.150 raptor.

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I'd like to see a new Ranger with a Bronco variant in short and long wheelbase options, with 2 full float solid axles, 4 cylinder turbo diesel, front and rear diff lockers, and a removable top and windshield... I'd camp out in front of the dealership to be the first one to own one of those...

If Ford were to read this and pick one thing for the new Ranger 2 solid axles is number 1 on my list, then a 4 cylinder turbo diesel...

Last edited:

bmacsys

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'd like to see a four door model, a turbo Diesel or a V8, and a straight axle...

But it's unlikely
The solid axle is high on everybody's wish list.

rangerbert

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
why does everyone want a diesel. diesel costs more to buy than gas. An average of a dollar or more even now as the price of gas has come down diesel still costs a dollar more a gallon.

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Why I want a diesel?

1.) Fuel mileage
2.) More torque, and at a more usable RPM
3.) Reliability (I once heard someone say "Alot of things have to go right for a gasoline engine to start, alot of things have to go WRONG for a diesel engine to NOT start")
4.) Longevity (I've seen many 300k mile diesel engines still running and in great shape)
5.) WVO/WMO/Biodiesel, can you make your own gasoline? If you're stuck without gas, you're outta luck... A diesel will run on MOST anything that burns... I've heard of ATF/WMO/WVO... I'm probably forgetting stuff too...

Last edited:

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
I want to see a crew cab long bed turbo diesel............ Basically a Ranger version of a super duty...... with out it looking like a super duty.

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Although I absolutely love the way the Ranger looks now and don't know how it could possibly be better, I think it's time to retire the 1993 cab and bed and start fresh. I would like to see a more fuel-efficient v6 and a 4wd option for the 4 cyl. I don't think it really needs anything else.

svtranger04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
i would love to see a 4cyl turbo diesel, just because nobody else offers one in there small trucks.

why diesel.....cuz this guy i talk to at work normally gets 41mpg city in his TDI jetta! yes this is a car but still it would be awesome to get that in my truck.
2nd power, i dont pull alot but i want the option to take my pop up camper through the rocky mountains and tow it doing the speed limit! I want to be able to pull my boat out of the nastiest boat ramps, and to pull broken chbbies.

And i want to use my own fuel! diesel's will burn just about anything from gasoline (yes they will) to the liquid part of asphalt, called Bunker C or Heavy F.O.

Solid axles and 4 doors ok i wouldn't want them seeing as i am not an offroad junky, but it would be a good option to have if i wanted my new ranger equipped with them.

grey ghost

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i'd really wish they would make a true four door and the diesel motor would be a bonus :icon_thumby:

86_cookiemonster

November '08 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 liter
Transmission
Automatic
I'd like to see a four door model, a turbo Diesel, a V8, and a straight axle...

But it's unlikely
I fixed that for you. :)

I would also like to see the body styling go along the lines of the f-150, maybe go along with the raptor body styling.

Maybe widen the truck by a couple of inches.

chico4554

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
diesel diesel diesel

bikerboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
5.0. nuff said

pacodiablo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
The way things are looking, we will get a global Ranger designed by Ford of Australia. I just hope it is actually the work of Ford and not Mazda. I don't have anything against Mazda, but like I said in another thread, if I'm going to buy a Ford truck, it better be an actual Ford.

This is just my best guess, but I think the next Ranger will have a Duratec 3.5 and an EcoBoost 4 banger as the engine options. A SFA is pretty much out of the question...the next Ranger will most likely continue to use an IFS setup for 2 and 4WDs.

If it was up to me, the next Ranger would be an American designed and built truck with a SFA for 4WDs and coil spring IFS for 2WDs. The 3.5 would be the V6 option, along with an EcoBoost engine and a conventional NA four banger. The auto transmission would be the 6-speed from the Explorer, and there would be a 6-speed manual option.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals