• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I'm BACK!

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
Due to a really bad couple of months, losing my job and seperating from my wife I was stuck with a new Fusion (REALLY nice car by the way, too nice for this country goofball) and I was upside down (bought right before SHTF) and with no way to prove income I decided to see if a dealership wouldn't screw me too hard on trading it in for something with no money out. Wouldn't you know not only did they give me a hell of a deal on the trade in but had EXACTLY the Ranger I dream of for a DD.

2011 xlt 4cyl 5spd with 6,000 miles on it. Power windows, locks and a clicker. A frame mounted hitch and 7pin connector. Oh and fog lights too. Then added bonus I realized it had factory Sirius and they gave me a trial subscription:yahoo: It also way cut down my car payment and insurance even though I had to toss the difference on it:annoyed: For me this is the definition of making lemonade and hopefully is the sign of an upswing.

I also found a cd case of classic gospel singers so maybe they were even telling the truth about an older fellow driving it. It's got to much chrome for me but check the parts for sale section as alot of the accessories will be leaving! For some reason the orig. owner even put the pacer version of stock 2nd gen wheels on it? They look great but not on this truck:icon_confused:

Eventually I want it to look like my 2006 did but that could take a while.

Stay tuned for PROGRESS:icon_cheers:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Welcome back Cotter...er, whatever...nice looking truck...but why would you want to make it look like an older truck?

I mean, really, the old truck looked sharp...but I'm sure when things turn around for you...as they will after listening to all those Gospel tapes, you can make something new...like your new self!

Let's not dwell on the old you...look for the new you...in God we trust...all others pay cash!

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
Sorry bout the job & wife.....

Glad about the truck & gospel music....

Hang in there gjm......sounds like Jesus (no...not Hey-Soos) had a hand in the deal.

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
Thanks guys. The post is more about the truck I suppose but I kinda put alot in a few sentences lol. After I sold the 06' I always knew I wanted the exact same truck just with a couple more creature comforts. It won't be exactly the same truck but I have always gravitated towards the simple clean look and for some reason grew from liking chrome to really finding it unappealing.

I know the big guy has a plan and I fully intend to keep placing one foot in front of the other. I will get my good year eventually. I just really appreciate this new to me object of distraction. It's funny that I'm more excited about this Ranger than I would be about a new F250 diesel. (I usually do pretty good discerning between my wants and needs).

We shall see what tomorrow brings. We won't know until today. With the hope we can learn from yesterday.

Last edited:

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
Tiny update. Removing some stuff made a huge difference. Lookin much better now to me.

In other news I got a job! Somehow I applied for a job in Charlotte, they asked if I'd be willing to move then told me it was in my hometown. Awesome

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
If you bought that from a dealer why is a For Sale sign on the dashbard area?

:icon_confused::icon_confused:

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'm pretty sure that's the '06 that he sold.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
That truck with the for sale sign in the window was his old 06 ranger. His new one is a 2011 LOL. I thought the same thing at first too, and had to look at the pics again.

Anyhow glad you are back, and your life will get better. I lost my job 3 years ago making $40k a year, now making about $10-11k a year huge income loss, but I can say this for sure I have a 2008 Toyota Tundra which is paid off, and even though a lost most of my income, I still managed to scrape enough money together every 2 weeks to make a $300 payment on my 1984 Ford Bronco 2. That's what kept me going through that job loss was seeing my balance due on the $975 Bronco 2 going down and knowing it would soon be mine. Then I was offered a bit of a better job (more pay) at a local cafe so I went from McDonalds at $7.25 an hour to this cafe at $8 an hour. I can say this too, you wouldn't think 75 cents an hour makes a difference but when you aren't making $1000 a month even you learn real fast how to make each penny matter.

I know how you feel about the job loss, and glad to hear you got a new job, that's always a weight off your shoulders. Yeah granted we would all love to not have to go to work every day, but it sure is nice to see the paycheck.

Sorry to hear about your wife (ex type LOL). Some things come and go, and your probably better off now anyhow.

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
Yeah the first pic is the new Ranger, the second is the one I lost during my last hardship. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks wildbill, I appreciate the sentiment. We still get along for the most part but she was devastaded for some reason when she learned I was moving away? The whole thing was her idea lol.

Been at the new job for a week just trying to learn. I'm the type that wants to go out and be just as good or better than everyone I work with but everybody I work with has at least 10 years in the industry that I know nothing about. So just taking it one day at a time I suppose. Taking in as much info as possible at work and looking for somewhere to live will take it out of you lol.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
You just got repped for your Life/Vehicle Update!!!!!

Seeeee......things are looking better already.....Jesus loves ya!

:yahoo:

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
Thanks DG. Updates are I now have 20% tint on the back 3 windows, I'll post a pic soon. I also rolled my ankle at work. One of them where the doc said, it would have been better if it broke... Yay missing a week plus of work. Such is life, onward and upward!

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Good to hear an update...even though it wasn't exactly something I could sing about...but not to worry...I rolled my ankles a few times...it gets better if you wear high boots and stay away from cat toys, kid toys, and co-worker toys...but the healing is better once the swelling goes down...

Anyway...keep the faith and always believe that these things happen for a reason...:)

I can't think of any more cliches to throw at you so maybe have a beer or other beverage and put your foot up...relax...and keep smiling...it drives them crazy!

bmerr98

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 X
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Leave it better than you found it.
Hey man, hang in there! I went through some similar stuff a few years back. (Ex) wife left to find "happy" and got bumped from my $18+/hr (with frequent OT) job to $14/hr with no OT. Honestly I missed the income more. Almost two years as a bachelor, but during that time I reconnected with my high school sweetie who had also been through 20 years of a hellish marriage. We married in 2010, bought a house and detached garage (with a 5500 lb lift!!!), and have been raising her youngest three daughters. Life is good.

Oh, and I own a Ranger, so there's that. :)

Sweet Ranger, btw.

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
Not a monumental truck upgrade but it is progressing. Oh yeah it's not the first time. It is the worst one though. I was wearing 10" boots lol. Doc said it would have been better if I just broke it. I did break 2 bones in the same leg along with 2 fractures in that ankle all at once and it didn't hurt this bad. It's pretty embarrassing how I did it. Just stepping off my truck into the mud and slid off a hidden rock and boom I was on the ground cussing. Pump man saw it and said it looked bad. Left an imprint of the side of my boot in the mud too. Wish I'd taken a pic but I was distracted lol.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
OUCH!

I have to admit...my first roll over was from wearing 2" Clogs on a gravel driveway...OK...I was 16 at the time and thought it was cool to wear clogs...it was, actually...I got more sympathy attention from girls that year than I've ever had...lol

But I have since stuck to flatter shoes and tie them tighter around my ankles...:)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals