• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Issue with program: Mp3rocket

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
I want to start off by saying that I payed for this program, however if it is illegal, and shouldn't be talked about, please delete or lock this thread, i am in no ways promoting pirating or this program, just have an issue and wish to seek help solving it.

Okay, so Mp3Rocket... media downloading program. Music, videos, photos, programs, etc

It won't download at more than 1KB/s... and obviously my connection can hold more than that. Also, it used to download faster, and I don't think I've changed anything in the program or on my computer that would have changed the download speed. I went into the settings and set the download speed to unlimited, but it still doesn't download past 1KB/s...

any solution?

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Looks like it's peer to peer - you can only download as fast as the data can be transfered from other users. If it has a small avaliability, it will be slow. And most of the the time users can limit their upload transfer rates. There's even third party software you can use to limit the upload transfer speed down to the thread without the application knowing you're capping it.

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Looks like it's peer to peer - you can only download as fast as the data can be transfered from other users. If it has a small avaliability, it will be slow. And most of the the time users can limit their upload transfer rates. There's even third party software you can use to limit the upload transfer speed down to the thread without the application knowing you're capping it.
yeah p2p... but like i have gotten some songs that are over 100KB/s, and now every, literally every, song i download is complete crap. it just makes me think it's something wrong.

idk, just frustrating because sometimes it takes days to download the songs. because they switch between 1 and 0 kb frequently, and then sometimes it says they need more sources, searching for more sources, etc.

but i guess if there's nothing i can do, there's nothing i can do. it's just weird because i used to love this program, was insanely fast.

also, didn't state this, but mp3rocket also says my connection is fine.

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Wonder if there is some sort of upload / download ratio? Like it may be crapping out on you if you are not sharing also? Might be worth while to ask the software vendor about a ratio if that's the case. Other than that, I am not too sure.. I've seen an over abundance of connections create problems, but this isn't an issue like it was in the past with slower connections.

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
i will try looking around! thanks for that idea

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
changed up my settings... let basically anyone access my files. and unlimited upload speed. didn't help.. :(

i'm sharing over 1800 songs (people can put in a number of files that others have to be sharing in order to access their songs, and i feel like 1800 is more than sufficient, although theoretically they could put like 5 million probably)

and my connection still says it's fine

frustrating :(

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals