• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

jerky ride

eb89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
about two days ago my truck was runnin fine until i hit 4th gear and sometimes in 4th it was like the engine wasnt gettin enough gas or something cuz it would just cut off until i hit the clutch or took it out of 4th completely. now it is doing it more frequently and in basically every gear. itll drive fine for a couple minutes sometimes but then it just starts jerkin as the engine will just cut out then when i take it outta gear or hit the clutch the engine will cut back on and the rpms will go up. sometimes when i try to rev it also in order to keep the engine running, i cant even really rev it. the rpms will just stay the same and it sounds weird. somethins definately up though and it sounds gas related to me but i dunno. i appreciate any help cuz i need to get this running asap if possible

i've had a similar problem to this and when i replaced my ecu it fixed it, but that was only a couple months ago so i wouldnt think my ecu would've gone bad already

Last edited:

Rifleman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'd say fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, or fuel filter.

eb89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
any easy way to test those and find out exactly which it is?

Rifleman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Put a filter on it first (they're cheap and should be done every so often anyways).

If that doesn't cure it;

You'll then need a fuel pressure tester. Most vehicles you can check the pressure before and after the regulator. If the pressure is low before it reaches the regulator, it's the pump. If it doesn't drop until after the regulator, that's where it's at.

holyford86

Some guy with a problem
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
many
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
33x12.50R15
pull codes, instructions in tech library.

eb89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
alright thanks. yeah i would pull codes but i dont have a code reader and autozone doesn't have the right tester for mine. i just put a new feul pump on less than a year ago so i doubt that its that but ill check into it

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals