• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just what I need, another project

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
a friend of mine picked up a couple dirtbikes out of a guys barn. he kept 2 for himself (a ktm and a newer honda 70 for his son), and sold me the old one.

its a suzuki 125 "prospector" on/off road motorcycle. its around a 1975 model. paint's good, chrome has some surface rust. 4 speed with a hi/lo range box. someone put the carb together wrong, got frustrated, and stashed it.

he fixed the carb and drove it around the yard a couple times. sold it to me for $150.

haven't picked it up yet, i have to finish cutting up and hauling off the 2 b2's I'm not keeping (until then my trailer is occupied :sad: ). didn't take any pics when i was over there either, so ya'll will have to wait until i pick it up to take it home.

i've had a few four-wheelers, but never driven on 2 wheels. but i can "bicycle" an atv quite well, so i should be ok :icon_thumby:

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
This is what it looks like, down to the color

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
nice, have fun with it

personally, i'd be safer sleeping with a loaded weapon every night than riding one of those, they do look fun tho

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah, i've had some bad wrecks on a fourwheeler, but all were the result of doing something stupid. i'm a "putt putt" 'wheeler now.

my plan is to ride this so that my wife can ride my atv (2001 honda rancher 4x4 with a winch). I'll tag and insure it though just in case gas skyrockets again.

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
thats a sweet find, i have a 1970 suzuki ts90 (trail & street) with the dual range gear box and its a very unique ride! mine was given to me because it would only run for 10 minutes then die, i ended up tracing it back to the condesor (would stop taking a charge when it got warm), but not until i already had a good collection of fouled plugs built up. have fun with it and maybe take it to vintage motorcycle days in Ohio, ill be there this year on my XR75 and my dad will be on the CT175, we want to see all the stuff there is to see this year and you just cant do it if youre walking.

Last edited:

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Finally picked it up and brought it home!

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Sweet find!
I had a TC 100,it had the rotary intake setup,carb was mounted on the side of the engine behind a cover,total piece of crap.
A friend had a 125 like yours and rode it for years without a problem.

A warning........Once you start finding those old bikes it gets addictive!

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yes, i am feeling the addiction getting stronger!

I got it started, but never got it to warm up enough to drive. the boot from the carb to air cleaner is missing, and the choke is stuck open. once i get the parts from that, i'm going to do a full fluid change. then i can really see what else it needs to run right.

definitely going to delete the "oil injection" system and go to premix. never had good luck with that type of system anyway.

trying to decode the VIN is difficult, but from what i've found, its actually a '72. little over 10,000 miles on the odometer as well.

Duane867

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Good news is you can still get the soft parts like venturis from the dealer.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals