• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Knife Sheath?

dp88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I recently found a knife stuck in a tree while camping, its in awesome shape. The blade is 7.5 inches long and is a full tang knife. Even the handle is metal with rubber inserts on each side. But I am having a tuff time finding a sheath to fit the thing. Any ideas or brands?

Last edited:

Hopman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Your local sportsman's shop? Maybe Bass Pro or Cabela's might have something like it.

-Nathan-

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 / 2001
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
HO 5.0 / 7.3 PSD
Transmission
Manual

willievhook

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
A couple years ago I found a leather working "kit" at a garage sale. It had a book in it about making sheaths'. I got into it and made a couple for my friends that turned out pretty good....might want to look into that if you want a new hobby, lol

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Find you any cheap leather sheath........ then get a riveter, put rivets in it where the blade goes, and around where the belt loop attaches, mink oil it up really well and never look back.

Me and my dad used to only carry square bladed non foldable razor knives..... if you didn't put rivets into any sheath..... you'd reach in your pocket one day and look like an emo trying to cut your wrists.

Frank

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Gets a sheet of Kydex. It's insanely easy to form to any object you want to carry. Google around, there's tons of guides.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lczZWgN4Kg

A lot of people make their own press out of plywood and the foam camping mats you get at walmart. Drop your kydex in and stand on it for a few minutes. Cheap and simple.

Last edited:

dp88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks guys I may do the leather thing. Ill try to post pics soon. It was a pretty cool find.

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
http://www.rivercitysheaths.com/ours.html

Yeah, it costs money, and I know you're supposed to be able to get all the info you need for free on the internet, but here's the deal: while there IS a lot of good information on it, there is also quite a bit of erroneous and/or incomplete information there as well. If you don't have a good "Ignorance and BS" filter installed on your computer, you can be led down a lot of wrong paths. Although working with kydex is easy enough to do, it is also easy enough to do badly. "The devil's in the details" as they say, and the details are in the DVD set and Workbook. What I did with the DVD set and workbook was to explain some principles, lay out some guidelines and safety procedures, then walk you through four different projects (tool holster, magazine carrier, knife sheath, and IWB pistol holster) that after completion, should have you pretty well grounded in working with kydex. Also show how to build your own kydex press and give you a design that can be used to hold straight walled items that don't have good "locking" shapes, such as pistol magazines and many multi-tools. It's a blueprint for success. Using my design pattern and a 1 sq.' piece of kydex, you can make 4 items that routinely cost $25-$40 each. The DVD set will pay for itself! I have yet to have anyone say it was NOT worth the money, and many who have said it was. You can get it from www.TRSDirect.com (559-732-5317; 1- 800-899-8153). http://www.trsdirect.com/KK-77.html (Ad's a little bit "over-the-top", but that's TRS's style), but if you buy the set directly from me, you can always ask questions and use me as a troubleshooting resource.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals