• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Kyle M's Ranger Rebuild

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
meh it doesnt look like your going to have to worry about hubs... those axles arnt staying in there much longer.. so im assuming your recovery is going well?

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
So note to self, warn premium hub don't hold up too well for my set up, try something else next time.
Ask Bray about this too.... Warn premiums don't like to stay together, the regular chrome capped hubs seem better. I've got an old set of 70's Ford/Warn hubs with all solid steel guts and coarse locking teeth.... they're basically drive flanges once locked in... they're way heavier then the new Warn hubs!

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That's why I'm planning to go flanges even on the 60, I'll leave them in for in town but just pull them for the long teips

Kyle M.

GOING FOR BROKE
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
meh it doesnt look like your going to have to worry about hubs... those axles arnt staying in there much longer.. so im assuming your recovery is going well?

No, it isn't gonna be there too much longer, just hope I can hold it together so I an get those other axles built up.

I am healing pretty good, would say I am about 80%, I still get sore and start to cramp up but the doc told me to start pushing myself, so I am. Still have a couple weeks off of work so I am going to try and get some things done around the house.

Ask Bray about this too.... Warn premiums don't like to stay together, the regular chrome capped hubs seem better. I've got an old set of 70's Ford/Warn hubs with all solid steel guts and coarse locking teeth.... they're basically drive flanges once locked in... they're way heavier then the new Warn hubs!

I remember he blew one up, now I did both of mine. I have some factory old Ford ones, but I broke one of those a while back too, guess I still have one of those. I plan on going with flanges on the 60 and I will just run the ones I have in there now. Too bad no one will warranty these ones.

Bray D

2012 UA Ranger
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
As NMB2 says, "Warn Crapiums". They suck. I've only broken one, and have a couple spares on top of the one I used to replace the one I broke. I'll break all the lockouts I've got then I'll be getting some flanges.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
kyle, i searched the garage upside down today and out back and in the shed and i cant find any shafts. if i ever come across a set ill let you know, theyre yours for just shipping

89PBR96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Awesome video's man truck is looking badass makes mine look stock

Kyle M.

GOING FOR BROKE
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
kyle, i searched the garage upside down today and out back and in the shed and i cant find any shafts. if i ever come across a set ill let you know, theyre yours for just shipping
Good man, thanks!

Kyle M.

GOING FOR BROKE
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Awesome video's man truck is looking badass makes mine look stock
Thanks! I miss my truck when it looked like yours lol

Kyle M.

GOING FOR BROKE
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
No regrets, weather I had my truck taken away from by smashing it or it Just evolved into what it is now, I would still miss what it used to be, all nice and stuff. Sometimes I think about getting another one to just DD and build in to a nice trail truck dune runner , like what mine used to be. But it iz great to pass that boundary and just start beating on it!

Bray D

2012 UA Ranger
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
haha I know what you're sayin. I used to hear how nice my truck was and how capable it was, etc. Now I hear about all its battle scars and how its not gonna last another 10 years. I'm right on the line of entering the next level. I'm trying to resist. haha.

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
well....mine will definately be going into its next phase, prolly after this weekend.....

and believe me when I say your truck has been some inspiration for that:icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

l8r, John

Kyle M.

GOING FOR BROKE
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
haha I know what you're sayin. I used to hear how nice my truck was and how capable it was, etc. Now I hear about all its battle scars and how its not gonna last another 10 years. I'm right on the line of entering the next level. I'm trying to resist. haha.
Beware, you can't go back once you enter! It turn insot more than just getting out and having fun, it is more like I gotta make it up that, I know I can go over that.....That is why I am going 60's and a V8.....when will it stop? Think I will be happy running 42's?

well....mine will definately be going into its next phase, prolly after this weekend.....

and believe me when I say your truck has been some inspiration for that:icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

l8r, John
Good man, thanks! Having all your guys support is what keeps me going on mine.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals