• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Larger tires on the Duratech

ball9320

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I have an 08 b2300 with the stock tires and its about time to change them. I'm thinking about painting the wheels black and getting a size up (235/75/15) in tires, thinking about the General Grabber AT2. Has anyone done this? I think it would look a little better with less wheel well gap but i hope it performs similarly because I am quite happy with how it tows my boat now.

Shawn_248

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have the old four cylinder, and I went from the tiny 14s to 235/75/15 with no issues at all. I did put on a leveling kit, but have no issues with power loss. I pull my quad with it all the time. I know the duratechs are stronger than the lima, so you shouldn't have any issues at all.

press 1 for english

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I replaced the crappy 225/70/15 Conitracs on my 2010 2.3 supercab 2 months ago and went with Michelin 235/75/15 LTX MS leftovers that BJ's had at a greatly reduced price.
There was a pretty big loss of acceleration but the way the truck looks now.....I could care less. :yahoo:

backroad101

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Which wheels to you have?

I have never really been a fan of black wheels but on some colors cars and trucks it can look good, as long as there is a chrome lip and some sort of other accent like chrone lug nuts or something. Otherwise it looks like you are driving around on spares.

press 1 for english

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Which wheels to you have?

I have never really been a fan of black wheels but on some colors cars and trucks it can look good, as long as there is a chrome lip and some sort of other accent like chrone lug nuts or something. Otherwise it looks like you are driving around on spares.

We have a pretty large amount of mexicans here working in the ferneries and I have seen a Chevy S-10 with 4 space saving donuts mounted! I guess they were small enough to give Jose a cheap lowrider.
Nothing wrong with the stock steel wheels, they look better than most standard wheels.
I am old school....I would rather have tires with more meat and less wheel.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals