• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

lets see some foglights

Madracingalley

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Volvo....
Engine Size
2.4L T5
Transmission
Automatic

Heres my fogs

its a 94, minus the grill and add the foglights.

They are Ford foglights but from what model i have no clue.
my neighbor gave them to me...

Shawn_248

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

93 2wd. Baja desert fox foglights in the factory valance

Scotty J.

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
It makes me want to beat their lights out with a baseball bat.
Careful you don't bring a baseball bat to a gun fight. In Texas they can use deadly force to protect property. That is, in case you're ever in Texas...

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I got mine mounted in front, I haven't got it set up yet but I am going to have a toggle switch flipped up they connect to the highs and down its the lows cause I got an all season kit so I can switch out to fog lenses and lows. and yes aim them down too...

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
More offroad lights than foglights but I wonder if my style bumper would fit on the Gen 3. I've always thought it was the best looking Ranger foglight valence with the Gen 3 factory one a close second.

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Careful you don't bring a baseball bat to a gun fight. In Texas they can use deadly force to protect property. That is, in case you're ever in Texas...
I wanna move to Texas. Only thing you can protect with a gun around here, is a bank's money :icon_confused:

Crane

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I have a pair of hella 500ff fogs
at day

and at night

they have yellow bulbs in them, it looks a little weird but the yellow light does help me see better in rain and stuff for some reason

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
MountainMike I didnt know you had lightforce lights. Very nice choice.

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
MountainMike I didnt know you had lightforce lights. Very nice choice.
I don't like light forces... Over priced plastic crap IMO. No offence Mike. :dunno:

The "poly cabinate" or whatever breaks soooooooooooo easily. and the Fixed mounting sucks. A friend broke about 700 bucks of lights in one go by falling backwards into his bumper. Maybe its just the alaskan cold...

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I don't like light forces... Over priced plastic crap IMO. No offence Mike. :dunno:

The "poly cabinate" or whatever breaks soooooooooooo easily. and the Fixed mounting sucks. A friend broke about 700 bucks of lights in one go by falling backwards into his bumper. Maybe its just the alaskan cold...
Really? Interesting. I dont have any experience with them but have heard from a lot of people that they make some really good quality lights.

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well the only good part I have experienced is that they don't rust. But they do have some good features like the ability to swap covers for different colors and the ability to adjust the beam width. But the housings just shatter if they get hit even slightly. Well in all the lights I have seen. Mounted in a protected area they are great and per light they do put out more light... But For the lights my friend got (didn't even come with wiring) I got 4 KC's and the wiring plus metal to make a mounting area so I didn't have to drill holes...

So yeah they give good light and have good features but in my experience they break easily, and are way too expensive. I got my KC's for about 200 bucks and he got his for like 380 bucks. My 4 KC's put out better light then his 2 light forces... But in a one on one they win the light contest.

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
No offense taken, they were a great deal. There are all I see on the long-haul dirt road trucks (you know the kind OR84). Which is proof by wear to me.

The are incredibly tough. I pulled into my spot at work and didn't know there was an old core motor there and the light hit them before I backed off and they didn't even get phazed. I really like these like and I recommend you try them out before you make your final oppion on metal/lexan bodies. They aren't fixed mounted on my truck, they have little pivoting arms attached to the back of them. As for Alaskan cold, I'm north of 60 so same thing here, I pushed them against that motor last week so maybe there was some outside influence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrRv-WcFeNA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_R2JLs0I5E&feature=related

I have actually hit my lights with a hammer on a bet, the guy said if the cover broke he would buy me a whole new set of covers. Needless to say by my scratched ones they didn't break. It was very suprising but at the same time impressive.

What size lights does your friend have? I have the 170 Stryker's with the 100W bubls. The 140 Lance's are good (75W) but not as bright while the 240 Blitz's (also 100W, with a different reflector shape) will cook your eyes like eggs, especially with the brighter bulb option(I think it is 150W).

To me the 170 Stryker's (about 7 inches) are a good lights for offroading. There is my rant, now maybe Keith Kangaroo will send me some stickers:D

Last edited:

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I barely tapped the ones on a customers truck against the wall and they just exploded. Literally. I stoped dead and the bumper hadn't even hit yet. And then my friend fell on his, and some other events made we just want metal because they just shattered all of the time. But those were just my experiences.

I do have to agree on the covers though they are tough Mother F&^kers. Yeah the semis have them all over their trucks but they are mounted in protected places.

The ones my friend has are the 170's, and I think I have seen about 10 broken 240's and 2 pairs of 140's broken. All the metal housing KC's I have found are just bent or slightly dented at the most by abusers...

My long range lights do go about as far as his lights but his have a little wider beam. So I added flood lights and upgraded to 100W bulbs.

Lol I would if I had money to throw around... (I really don't) So I will just stick with my KC's cause I think they look badass on my truck that and i got 4 more to put on! 10 lights! ... I need a bigger alternator...

I do like your truck and the lights look sweet on it! Just had bad experiences personally so i stay away, you seem to have good luck with them so thats cool.

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
That's really unfortuanate that you had bad experience but I'll agree that in most cases metal can take more abuse than plastic. I have to fit my brushguard on (from aan S-10 Blazer) And the way it goes on is going to put my lights in a little bit closer together but should look alright. We'll see when I get around to it.

I don't think I could justify the extra cost of lightforces before but now that I have had them I could very well. But for lights sometimes quantity is just as good as even the best quality! Although I am sure being KC's yours are pretty good too. All a matter of preference I guess.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals