• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lets see your bumpers

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Front started out as just a push bar, I welded C channel and D-rings to it and removed the stock bumper. Rear I bought off of Broncman on B2.org.

Weld splatter was caused by only using CO2 for shielding gas (not my welder).

jimd1050

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.2L Gasoline
Transmission
Automatic
New Bumper materializing soon!

Hi Folks,

I am having an existing winch bumper for a Jeep ZJ adapted to my Ranger. This will be a prototype and the creator, Mike, of Custom 4X4 Fabrication (www.custom4X4fabrication.com) in Oklahoma City, hopes to market it for us in the RBV community. Stand by for more... here's the basic Jeep configuration before fitting it to my Ranger.

Stay tuned!

Last edited:

Woods-Rider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Here's mine. I've moved it 5" in since this pic was taken so it doesn't stick out.

Here's the rear. Simple but it works. got some auxiliary reverse lights in there now as well.

Last edited:

jimd1050

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.2L Gasoline
Transmission
Automatic
On Order!

Hi Folks,

I am having an existing winch bumper for a Jeep ZJ adapted to my Ranger. This will be a prototype and the creator, Mike, of Custom 4X4 Fabrication in Oklahoma City, hopes to market it for us in the RBV community. Stand by for more... here's the basic Jeep configuration before fitting it to my Ranger.

Stay tuned!
All the final measurements have been checked and verified - I ordered it on Friday. Unfortunately, Mike told me he couldn't start it for around 3 weeks... he is swamped with Jeep orders right now. I'll update when I have a better handle on when it will arrive.

Last edited:

Thumper113

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
This bumper is from Jesse's Custom Fab. He's a fellow Ranger buddy.

Here's a few shots of it in action, helping out some fellow wheelers.......It holds up very well, especially holding up to the bohemeth '87 Suburban.

Just a poser shot....................

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
jimmyd that bumper looks almost IDENTICAL to the one iam in the works of building..

chazawazzle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 liter
Transmission
Manual
heres mine

my neighbor and i made this one

d9n

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
These are the front and back bumpers I made for my ranger.

jimd1050

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.2L Gasoline
Transmission
Automatic
Bumper arrived!

Well, I returned home from Toronto Friday morning at 1:30 AM! I slept in and then went in to work after lunch to find a large box sitting in the receiving area from Custom 4X4 Fabrication. I know, I know... everyone wants pictures.

I am too busy at work to trial fit the bumper yet but thought everyone would still like to hear my preliminary impressions. Awesome was my first impression - rugged, well built, superb welding, nicely finished edges. This thing is going to be awesome! My next thought was "Why the hell does ARB charge so much?" I'm going to have to leave it at that until I have some more time. Hopefully, next Saturday, I can shoot down to the shop and trial fit it and get some pictures. Patience is a virtue... so they say!

jimd1050

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.2L Gasoline
Transmission
Automatic
Test Fitted it today!

Sorry for the delay folks - I test fitted it today and cut the brush guard to fit on top of it! All I have left is some welding to actually mount the brush guard, sandblast, paint and install. Hopefully will be done and on by mid-April!

Also, in place, it will clear the factory front crossmember (that I removed on mine) - you just have to come up with mounting brackets that will work with the factory mounts. Should not be a problem - I am talking with Mike (Custom 4X4 Fabrication) about it now. More info to follow!

Last edited:

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
that looks AWESOME jim.. how thick is that plate? iam tellin ya the one i have LOOKS IDENTICAL to that an we just built it from our heads lol just waitin on my plasma cutter so i can build it. can you get a few more up close pictures of the winch area an frame mounting..

jimd1050

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.2L Gasoline
Transmission
Automatic
that looks AWESOME jim.. how thick is that plate? iam tellin ya the one i have LOOKS IDENTICAL to that an we just built it from our heads lol just waitin on my plasma cutter so i can build it. can you get a few more up close pictures of the winch area an frame mounting..
The winch box itself is 1/4" and the rest of the bumper is 3/16" - she weighs 115 lbs so with the winch it'll be around 200! I'll need an M90 Eaton just to push the bumper around :) (Hey, it was worth a try)

I took 54 pictures - I'll dig through and PM you a few more when I get some time! Lookin' forward to Albany already!

Zorro

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
That looks very clean, awesome design ... congratulations!

Can I ask for some extra pics too? Mind me asking how much it cost overall?
You mentioned it's originally a ZJ bumper ... do you know the extent of the modifications to get it to fit on the Ranger?

Last edited:

jimd1050

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.2L Gasoline
Transmission
Automatic
That looks very clean, awesome design ... congratulations!

Can I ask for some extra pics too? Mind me asking how much it cost overall?
You mentioned it's originally a ZJ bumper ... do you know the extent of the modifications to get it to fit on the Ranger?
$375 plus shipping for the modified ZJ bumper. Mike at Custom 4X4 Fabrication modified the bumper to Ranger specs - narrowed the winch box to fit out frame rails and brought his mounting plates in closer for the same reason. I made my own mounting brackets and I had already cut out my front crossmember. Mike is trying to find a local Ranger owner in Oklahoma City to get some new mounting brackets fabricated that will utilize the stock Ford mounting style. Check with Mike:

http://custom4x4fabrication.com/

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals