• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Let's see your Welders

Danger-Ranger96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Here's a tig root I did in school, I'm currently on the lookout for a rig, I have eyed one up, a 95 f350. 7.3L 180,000km, brand new lincoln ranger 305G machine, comes complete:

Tig root on 3/8'' mild steel with 1/8'' gap and 1/8'' land, using a 1/8'' tungsten and 1/8'' filler, 60 degree included bevel angle :D

Heres that welding truck i am looking to purchase :icon_welder:

AngryLepercon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Just bought one of these. Will be delivered to the shop next week. Goodbye Lincoln Hello Miller

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
just added a few more to the fleet of metal to metal burners... got a new power mig 216 with spool gun still have the ole idle arc 250 buzz box 175t 135t and also upgraded to a new 80 gallon kobalt air compressor..

982WDRanger

07/2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L, Bored .030 over!
Transmission
Manual
Miller Man

I have a Millermatic 252. Welds 22ga.-1/2" plate rated. Could weld thicker metal due to millers are truly under rated. Got the biggest bottle of gas I could fit on the back:D. Picked it up back in October of 2011 for $2600, with helmet, lease and fill. I have no previous school on welding, just self taught. Love it, works so well and is very diverse.:icon_welder:
[/IMG]

Got me a plasma cuter too, Hypertherm45. Rated to sever 3/4" but a buddy of mine cut 1" once, was really hot! cut.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
I've since scored a Clarke 180EN and a bottle of gas. Built a cart, too. It holds all my consumables and both wire feeds. I can't believe that only four years ago I only had a mapp torch and one small welder.

FWIW I've burned a lot of shit together with a lot of machines and the Clarkes produce work that is every bit as good as some done on a better machine. They're cheap and the company is out of business now but if you're in the market and don't want to spend much, I'd highly recommend one.

koochman450r

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4cyl
Transmission
Manual
Got a snap on mig 220. Very comparable to a miller or Lincoln in price and duty cycle. Paid $2150 for it. Didn't have to come out the cash at once was nice. Made by CK systematics in Washington st. So all American and it uses a tweeko trigger so Lincoln tips and everything else works. Been super happy with it.
View attachment 10350

View attachment 10351

ranger_steve

Reaction score
From PEI, living in Grande Prairie Alberta
Vehicle Year
1993, 2007
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
My Miller 135 and x375 extreme plasma cutter! Used them for fixing my body mounts for safety inspection, welding up my backrack and 2x6x3/16" rear bumper. All mounted onto a Frankenstein shopping cart with custom extension cord mounted to it! :icon_welder:

Danger-Ranger96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
80's miller 225 AC thunderbolt, runs like new, I love stick, but am looking at buying an XMIT 350 miller inverter to do it all.

bmerr98

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 X
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Leave it better than you found it.
My first little welder - Northern Industrial 125 loaded with Hobart .030 flux core wire. It's sitting on a cart I made from a couple of No Parking signs I found and some old bed rails I had laying around. They make for decent 16 ga angle. Still have to shoot some paint on it. Getting better on my welds with a little practice. A noob rig to be sure, but it'll do all I need to do for now. My wife got me a pretty nice autodarkening helmet for my b-day too. And yes, my wife is awesome. :headbang:

View attachment 13305

Last edited:

harbt95

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
my old miller cricket xl i picked up at a yard sale for 100 bucks and it even has a gas hook up. i went to a technical school for welding for 2 years and learned on the millermatic 350p's which are great machines but i can run just as good of a weld with my little cricket this pic is when i first got it all i had to do was put the new gun on and it even came with a new miller replaceement

scarface

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
was time for a new toy

KMS tools was having a sale so i needed something shiny and new

Attachments

Kowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Well my old Campbell Hausfield, El-China junk went away last week and my Brother in law came to my rescue. It's a Air Products model AC225U stick arc welder. 230V The price was perfect, FREE. Haven't used it yet as it needs a new plug on it to match my outlet. Need some sticks too. Made in the USA and weighs a ton.

Attachments

brentmc

Reaction score
I have a Lincoln Power Mig 255 with a Prince spool gun and a Lincoln Ranger 9 with a LN-25 mig attachment.

clifford97

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
any suggestions on a good first all around welder to buy? ARC or flux core/mig..? is $275 a good price for a fairly new hobart stickmate 235? of $150 for a lincoln weld-pack 3200hd?

brentmc

Reaction score
I don't like flux core for the simple fact that's is messy they often have a ton of slag/splatter. What are your plans for the welder ie light fab work or heavy fabrication? I prefer Lincoln wire feeds with solid wire. You can weld just about anything you want as long as its clean and not windy...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals