• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lookin at a Banshee

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
Well, I'm lookin at a new toy. Anyone own/owned a Banshee before? I've ridden two stroke dirt bikes but not a Quad. I assume the powerband is like a... well light switch, which is awesome in a toy. What do you guys think? Any input as to what aftermarket mods work well with these machines?

Here's the Ad...

1998 Yamaha Banshee 350 $2,000 OBO. For sale is a blue Banshee with nice rims and hole shot tires. Nerf bars and new clutch. I put a new water pump on the motor, which is a 2005. And there is a new sprocket on the rear. The Banshee also has a single carb and is piped. The rear bumper has a dent in it. I studded an old set of tires and rode on the lake this winter and had a blast. It hooked up great with lots of speed and good handling. It was fun on the ice with no trees and no deer to worry about hitting.

Last edited:

cappin90

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998, 1993
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 460
Transmission
Automatic
should be fine but remember banshee's aren't know for their durability.

PickupMan04 FX4 L2

SINGLE CARB MUST GO!

for 2k not bad..

tear the head off and take a look at everything tho.

red85

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 ci
Transmission
Automatic
I have a good friend with a Banshee. I cannot keep up with him in a straight line on my bike (it is a small bike though). That thing just rrrrips! The only thing that drives him nuts is the fact that it doesn't do low speed grunt very well. But then again it's meant to be a high winder. If you're looking for a toy, buy it.

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
Whats wrong with the single carburetor? (seriously, I'm not familiar with these machines) I was pricing out single carb conversions and they are not cheap!!!

simonsays

October 2010 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
should be fine but remember banshee's aren't know for their durability.
thats cause everyone tweeks them and trys gettin lots of power out of them in stock trim there pretty good, and acutally have some low end power. unlike the tweeked ones that basicly should just have an on off switch for a accelerator.

skyhigh91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Very fun as long as your not afraid to get your hands dirty.

rboyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.hoe
Transmission
Manual
It all honestly depends on what kind of riding you plan on doing. If you plan on ripping through the trails and pulling some sick hill climbs then the Banshee is perfect. If you plan on putting around the trails and doing a little "exploring" then a 4 stroke ATV with reverse would be ideal. Those ITP Holeshot tires that it comes with hook up pretty good but they wear out pretty fast, especially if you're forced to ride alot of roads or hard terrain. I don't see an aftermarket exhaust in the description, that would be the first thing I would get for any 2 stroke. I would reccomend LRD adjustable pipes, they let you tune the exhaust to put the powerband more towards wherever you need it the most. As for the motors they're easy to repair, usually any top end problems even a seized piston is still a cheap fix, the bottom ends aren't that complicated to tear down either. Suspension/brake parts can be very easy to find cheap because they share stuff with the Raptors and later model Blasters. If I were you i'd shoot the guy a lower offer and see what he says because it can't hurt to try. I would offer him 1400 cash and let him work me up from there.

tpking

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
i would look for a 300ex if it was me.. ive rode both and the 300 is just a better all around quad

sbsumerix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
those twin banshees are bad i went riding with a guy who had one it flew i dont know much about 2-strokes rode 4-strokes since i was 5

cappin90

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998, 1993
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 460
Transmission
Automatic
i would look for a 300ex if it was me.. ive rode both and the 300 is just a better all around quad
yes and no, ive ridden both, the 300ex is a better starter quad and probably will last longer. But if your going dunning alot go with the banshee, if mainly trails and exploring 300ex-400ex would probably suit you better.

simonsays

October 2010 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
300ex is shaft drive.. i would never buy that..

i have a 400 ex.. and love it.. with some mods i can keep up with the banshees and i still get the luxuries of the electric start and 4stroke reliablility..

7.5L_STX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
unnecessary
Transmission
Automatic
banshees RIPPPPP! for power i would get a set of duncan racing head pipes since you already have a good set of mufflers on it, and if your gonna be going fast alot i would look into getting your crank trued up and welded.

Capt Jay

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93 body.
Make / Model
Ford(ish)
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I've ridden them and they will kick your ass if you don't watch out. This is a good thing. Enjoy and wear pads. You'll need them. Have fun.

1ATony

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
300ex is shaft drive.. i would never buy that..

i have a 400 ex.. and love it.. with some mods i can keep up with the banshees and i still get the luxuries of the electric start and 4stroke reliablility..

I ride an 02 400EX I love it,great trail and pit quad.Hangs mad wheelies. The Banshee might be tough to trail ride with.It's great for pit riding though.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals