• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

lowering 90 b2 in front

sean87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
hey guys I am new to the lowering thing, so take it easy on me. I am possibly buying a 2wd 90 b2 and was thinking about lowering it, all the beams and what not I see are for rangers, the back shouldnt be a problem but would you all recomend for the front, and if any of you have lowered b2's pls post pics thanks

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Try this one: http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22522

Welcome to TRS - give us an introduction in the Intro section and show some pics of your ride.

Another piece of sound advice - try searching the forum and/or check the Technical Library and if you are still lost check back with your other Q's - good luck with your mods and again - Welcome . . .

sean87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
thanks for the info, I looked through that one, and am still kind of confused on it, from what I understand they are saying I will have to go to the junk yard and get everything from the stock suspension from a 2wd ranger and swap the xmembers and what not then get a set of beams and lowering springs for the front, then do a flip kit for the rear, is this correct, and if so what would I need from the junk yard to make it work right? thanks for the help

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
sean - I really wish I could provide additional information to you about that. I am not that familiar with the B2, but I am sure someone should be able to shed some light on it. Try a google search if you haven't already. Good Luck

sean87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
any body else know much about the front suspension set up on these bronco 2's and what it takes to lower them, thanks

95offroadx

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
its a different ibeam setup....Youll need to get the chassic tech bronco II lowering i beams its the easiest way. they are like $450 for both.. The bronco II ibeams are differnt from rangers, i dont know how but i used to want to lower my brII now it just collects rust

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals