• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mazda Build

Fordisthebest30

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 and 2.2
Transmission
Manual
To start off, My truck is a 97 Mazda B4000 4x4 4.0L with 31x10.5xr15. I have a whole bunch of new parts for underneath my truck, including new tie rods, brakes, rotors, exhaust system, and bushings. Im sure im missing something but i know that was done professionally. The Truck used to be lifted 8 inches with 40s but the lift wasn't put on correctly and completely, and so it ****ed up most of the front end. It was overhauled before i got, and im planning on doing a lift, but the right way with the right equipment
I was thinking a 2 inch leveling coil setup with a 3 inch body lift, and i was looking for some opinons. I currently am running 31x10.5xr15 , and if i put this lift on would it look good with 31s? or should upgrade and get 33x12.5xr15? Also my rims aren't stock and my 31x10.5xr15 fit on them but could i fit 33x12.5xr15s on them? or would i have to upgrade to wider rims?

this is after i bought it, and it looks pretty much the same except i put a diamond plate tool box and a kc lights on the front x2
But, the problem is, ive never put a lift on before, and im eventually going to upgrade to 33s but im a poor high school student. I know im gonna need a shift extender, regear the rear end, put steering stabilizers and extender, extended brake lines shock stud extenders, but i have a feeling im missing something. Any type of comment or opinon would be greatly appreciated.

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
A leveling lift should look fine with the leveling kit. But with the addition of a 3in body lift, you most certainly will want to get 33's. Leveling coils are just a matter of removing the old coils and and installing the new ones and then getting an alignment.

Fordisthebest30

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 and 2.2
Transmission
Manual
i knew that part, but i meant more for the 3 inch body lift. this has been put on a hault since my clutch went out this morning, and im building on a tight budget

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
just curious as to how the body is so pristine after it was a truck on 40's

if u wanna do a real suspension lift u will find out quick fast and in a hurry wether or not it was actually lifted, if the bracket for the passenger side TTB beam is still riveted to the frame it was never lifted

if its bolted then someone has had it apart, and i woulda wished u coulda gotten all the parts they took off it

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
i knew that part, but i meant more for the 3 inch body lift. this has been put on a hault since my clutch went out this morning, and im building on a tight budget
Body lifts aren't all that bad. I've seen it done at my tech school by students with out alot of experience. Just make sure brake lines and fuel lines don't get stretched out too much as well as other cables and wiring. Watch when you are bringing the body back down as well, you don't want to pinch anything. Follow the instructions and you should be good.

ap3x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I'm on the high school budget with pretty much the same truck/tires and all (and my clutch is on its way out ironically), and I would say if you're that wanting to get 33's on there, level out the front and call it a day.

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i say 33's from www.treadwright.com since your on a budget. and 33's should fit those rims just fine. if you do that lift and 31's you will have to much wheel well not enough tire.

Fordisthebest30

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 and 2.2
Transmission
Manual
the build is on hault atm, on tuesday i was driving to work and my clutch went out, with absolutely no signs of slipping or anything, but luckily i got the parts i need for 300 bucks , but i wont have enough time for a while to git r done , since i just got a full ride firefighter scholarship and i will be taking the academy all day on saturdays and working late every night of the week. wish me luck. But anyways on the clutch issue i have got the exhaust off. the rear and front driveline, transfer case, the skid plates, and all i have to do is to take the cat off and the shifter off and im ready to pull the tranny. wish me luck

Fordisthebest30

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 and 2.2
Transmission
Manual
just curious as to how the body is so pristine after it was a truck on 40's

if u wanna do a real suspension lift u will find out quick fast and in a hurry wether or not it was actually lifted, if the bracket for the passenger side TTB beam is still riveted to the frame it was never lifted

if its bolted then someone has had it apart, and i woulda wished u coulda gotten all the parts they took off it
well when i bought it the guy had done a total overhaul, and the white hides the body pretty well. If you get close to the truck there's scratches and little dents everywhere. The body is good, but not close to pristine lol The undercarriage is in pretty good shape, it's got new bushings and the guy who had it last put it back to stock and just put brand new 31's and rims on it. He didn't keep the lift because he only put half the lift on, but on the other hand idk if the guy was being completely honest with me about that, but all i know is there is a lot of new parts from new bushings, tie rods, pitman arms, rotors, drums and new brake lines, so in all in all the truck is in pretty good shape. the only thing i have now to do is the clutch, slave cylinder and carrier berring which im halfway done with after tonight.

Vexy

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Running 40's can't be good for stock gearing...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals