• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

More T-6 Pics!!!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I want more than the 175 hp too. That little will only likely make it feel abut as lethargic as my F150 does now. That's the reason I've dumped money into mods on my last two trucks... Not that my last Ranger needed it, stock it would have run circles around a F150 with a 4.6L, but only have 175 would be a step backwards for a Ranger. I think they should at least give us an option of something near 250 hp to be competitive with Nissan and Toyota.
175 hp is more than any Ranger engine aside from the 4.0 SOHC has had... and being a 1.3L it is probably the base engine.

Judging by Jim's pic, it kinda looks like the std cab, longbox 4x4 may be staging a comeback...

From the looks of the back of the cab the box will contour around it like the F-150's too.

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size

BlackSTX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.6L
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, one would think it will have a bigger optional engine, but in these days of government meddling....Government Motors, Chrysler/Fiat... one would wonder if there is some compromise being made anywhere to appease the osama administration.

However, Ford seems to be trying to stick to its guns by providing us with some vehicles they know people will buy. I curious to see what we'll end up getting from the others.... modern, Americanized replacements for the Yugo?

willied

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V8
Transmission
Automatic
Well, knowing that they have a 350 ft. lb. torque engine available for the Taurus, I would think that they would offer something bigger than an engine with 180 ft. lb. of torque in the Ranger.

Sevensecondsuv

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Many
Make / Model
All Fords!
Engine Size
Many
Transmission
Manual
This is totally a guess, but the logical optional engine would be the 3.5L duratech that is currently offered in the taurus, edge, flex, and fusion sport. It makes roughly 265 HP and 270 Torque depending on which vehicle it's in. My guess is that the 4.0 SOHC finally gets tossed and the 3.5L will be the new base engine in the mustang.

They are just finishing the Ecoboost (turbocharged) version of the 3.5L and it will debut in the new Lincoln MKS, and then be featured in the new Taurus SHO. At 350 HP / 350 TQ, I see an awesome swap possibility for the new ranger, if it gets the 3.5 as an option.

Just so long as I can get a T-6 ranger with a manual transmission, I'll be happy.

Last edited:

BlackSTX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.6L
Transmission
Automatic
Something to ponder.... Twin turbo 3.5L in a new Ranger.... possible reincarnation of a new down-sized lightning? Or perhaps a smaller version of a Raptor? There's possibilities for some interesting versions.

Hopefully someone from Ford is looking at these forums, there could be some easy sales made for them.

robbieo11

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Ford We Want Quad Cab If You Want I Have A Few Pics U All Could Use As A Reference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cacher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
The 4dr Rangers are very interesting. Why have we NEVER seen these in the US?

BlackSTX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.6L
Transmission
Automatic
I guess we haven't seen them here because they chose to appease us with a Sport Trac instead. Granted, they're nice, but they just looked to heavy and low.

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It had something to do with the A-pillar supports I believe...apparently they didn't meet "strict US safety crash tests". That and there are a lot more diesel cars and light duty pick up trucks over seas than there are here.

willied

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V8
Transmission
Automatic
It had something to do with the A-pillar supports I believe...apparently they didn't meet "strict US safety crash tests". That and there are a lot more diesel cars and light duty pick up trucks over seas than there are here.
You're right, they didn't meet safety standards here and I guess they didn't want to do a costly redesign just to sell it here, though it would have been big time worth it if you ask me.

mgn465

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
uff amazing pics..

Smurf Mobile

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
The 4dr Rangers are very interesting. Why have we NEVER seen these in the US?
I see them every day! They just have a funny white and orange license plate that says Sonora. Its funny how they're "not safe" enough, but they can drive around on our streets all day long. Yay life down on the border.

Andrew

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
looking at jim's last pic.....you can see that is not the right box. and look behind the door with the indent of cab....i think it is going to have the "wrap around" box like the 97-03 f-150s and the head light look like it may be taped in....if i squint and pock my eyelllit looks really good!

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
They are just finishing the Ecoboost (turbocharged) version of the 3.5L and it will debut in the new Lincoln MKS, and then be featured in the new Taurus SHO. At 350 HP / 350 TQ, I see an awesome swap possibility for the new ranger, if it gets the 3.5 as an option.

Just so long as I can get a T-6 ranger with a manual transmission, I'll be happy.
That would be a sweet deal as long as they don't make the new Ranger heavy as a pig.
Dave

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals