• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 2002 XLT

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
i like the truck man you need to get er in tha air though

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
hell yea, theres a few runnin around here! :icon_hornsup:
Awesome bro! if you are ever randomly north, shoot me a pm! i can take you around the sticks to some pretty sweet trails. that old tip o the mitt hospitality! haha :icon_thumby:

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
i like the truck man you need to get er in tha air though
Thanks! i will be in a short time. Right now im in college, so money is frickin tight with student bills and crap. But as i see it im almost finished with stage 1 of 3 on this truck. i want to get the drive train the way i want it, then i will move to a lift, then on to tires....and if necessary a re-gear. when i bought her i thought i would one day sell it and use it twards a new truck, but i think i will keep it as a toy and buy another truck to go right along side it! I will start a build thread soon so you can follow the steps. :icon_welder:

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Awesome bro! if you are ever randomly north, shoot me a pm! i can take you around the sticks to some pretty sweet trails. that old tip o the mitt hospitality! haha :icon_thumby:
10-fo, and if you're ever randomly down here, pm me and we can hit up the trails, should have my truck done soon, doing a 4" superlift :icon_hornsup:

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
10-fo, and if you're ever randomly down here, pm me and we can hit up the trails, should have my truck done soon, doing a 4" superlift :icon_hornsup:
Sweet!! that would be pretty cool to see your rig in person. it looks pretty tough! :icon_bounceblue:

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
So i jumped the gun and picked up a set of Super Swamper TSL's. My factory l/s is not a big fan of the new tires so im going to do a fluid change (all burnt up) on it and see if it pleases some of the issue, if it dosnt i will probably need to start looking into lockers. :D

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
So i jumped the gun and picked up a set of Super Swamper TSL's. My factory l/s is not a big fan of the new tires so im going to do a fluid change (all burnt up) on it and see if it pleases some of the issue, if it dosnt i will probably need to start looking into lockers. :D

lol, what size are those tires? couldn't wait to lift it and go big?

Sweet!! that would be pretty cool to see your rig in person. it looks pretty tough! :icon_bounceblue:
For an IFS rig it does alright :icon_thumby:

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
lol, what size are those tires? couldn't wait to lift it and go big?

For an IFS rig it does alright :icon_thumby:

Haha, ya they are a 31x11.5, but i just could not pass em up for the deal i got on them. My buddy was selling his jeep and just couldn't say no to them. lol. On the flip side, i am glad i now know how the tires affect my limited slip, so i can start working on the solution before i possibly go bigger. :D

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Haha, ya they are a 31x11.5, but i just could not pass em up for the deal i got on them. My buddy was selling his jeep and just couldn't say no to them. lol. On the flip side, i am glad i now know how the tires affect my limited slip, so i can start working on the solution before i possibly go bigger. :D
Are you sure its the tires? I would be surprised if tires just a tad bit over stock would cause the LS to burn up.

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I picked up a new toy for the truck this week! Its a riddler 8.8 diff cover! install pics coming soon!

W/out paint

Primer

Black Top Coat

Color, clear coat....finished!

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Are you sure its the tires? I would be surprised if tires just a tad bit over stock would cause the LS to burn up.
Ya, its an issue with my fluid, its waaay overdue for changing, i should kick myself for not doing it before now, its all burnt up and i think its messing with the clutches pretty bad. i will find out soon, if thats not the case....locker time :headbang:

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
TSL's look awesome, I been diggin everywhere trying to find a set aroudn here, but they are too damn expensive, even used.

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
TSL's look awesome, I been diggin everywhere trying to find a set aroudn here, but they are too damn expensive, even used.
You are not kidding! the price of rubber is so far out of sight now, its almost scary. I think your well over a grand now to recreate the set i have, which is sad because your only looking at 31's and steelies.

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
I have that same diff cover, lol. I was mentally retarded and didn't realize i had to paint it so now i gotta take it off and wirewheel and paint it, lol!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals