• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

my b2 build

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Is that the front end frame? If so you've got your work cut out for you. Body shop or BFH action I'm thinking.

Sent from my Alcatel9007T using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah that is the driver side frame rail. The pass side is still straight. I wish i had some chain falls and some anchor points. A comealong or something. I might try heating it up and a bfh/ jack under it. Its bent all kinds of directions.

Like ive said before i think the easiest thing to do would be to cut off the bent stuff and weld and fishplate a new stub. Where do i get one though? Lol i did manage to get a front stub however i didnt realise that 88 and back is different.. I could put the 88 style bumper on but it might look dorky. However those parts are in the back of my 57 which is in storage for a couple more weeks.

Sent from the wrong side of town using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Yeah, I'm no help there. My welding leaves a lot to be desired lol. That's why I said body shop. Are you sure that's the only place bent too? I wish you luck with that one.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Oh this thing was bent when it rolled off the factory floor lol. Though from the accident i can tell the whole body shifted back atleast a quarter inch. I did drive it after the accident and it pulls hard to one direction so it could be totally out of wack.

The plan atm is to get everything as straight as i can, replace the pass side lower ball joint throw insurance on it and drop it off at an alignment shop and see what they say.

My welding isnt pretty but ive never had anything break lol. (Knock on wood.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
BTW I ordered new body mount bushings from jeffs Bronco Graveyard along with new door window seals and a couple odds and ends from LMC.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Well I hope it all comes together for you. Hate to see all your work go to shit if it's real bad. When I got slammed in mine, about 20 years ago, the body shop said the only reason they didn't total it out was because it looked too nice to. And I took a hard hit on the passenger side front fender, bent the frame some in front of the wheel. But it rides and drives real well still to this day. So hope your truck turns out good too.

Yeah, I need to order the window seals and anti rattle stuff too. Shit's annoying some days lol.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks man. If its really fubared then well i guess ill have to take out to the mudbog or something this summer but id be suprised if i didnt have it ready for the road.

I just got the bushings in today. Somehow i didnt catch them this morning at work. Ill catch the stuff from LMC. their boxes are clearly labled lol.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Trying to do my body mounts right now. Ive got two off except on the number two location the bushing is stuck. First one was easy cause it was so far gone i just cut the bolt and pulled it out. This ones fighting mee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Trying to do my body mounts right now. Ive got two off except on the number two location the bushing is stuck. First one was easy cause it was so far gone i just cut the bolt and pulled it out. This ones fighting mee

Its like the upper and lower are stuck together

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Use a chisel or fat blade flat tip to pry it loose. It's only a washer holding it on if it's stuck. WD 40 too, helps a bunch. Good luck....

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Use a chisel or fat blade flat tip to pry it loose. It's only a washer holding it on if it's stuck. WD 40 too, helps a bunch. Good luck....
I tried using a pry bar and a couple other tricks. Pulled out the air hammer and still fought it. I ended up destroying the sleeve. You dont really need those right? The kit says to retain OEM hardware. Well... My hardware is gone. I should take some pics of the bolts and junk.. Well whats left of them lol

Btw ive been spraying PB blaster on the body mounts every couple days for the past two weeks. I have a feeling it hasnt helped much because everything is rustwelded together.

Last edited:

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Yeah, I used PB Blaster for about a month before I did mine too. If the inner sleeve is toast you may have to go with bigger bolts or find something to replace them with. Didn't your kit come with new nuts ,bolts and washers too. Pretty sure the inner sleeve keeps it from compressing the bushings too much too. Found this web site called suspension connection, they got lots of neat shit for Bronco II suspensions.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Nope it only came with the bushings and 2 washers. Ill have to check that out

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals