• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My daughter's 86 Ranger

zainyD]

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Nice job! Has your daughter helped you at all with the work that you've done?

pastor bubba

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
She has not helped with any of it because she has not seen it. I do have pictures of her helping me on my old 68 Javelin. I am under the hood and she is handing me wrenches at about 4 yrs old. Since then, she turned into a girly girl and doesn't like anything that could get her hands greasy. At one point, she told me that she wanted something that was younger than she is and since this is an 86 and she is a 94, her words went in one ear and out the other.

pastor bubba

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Getting her ready for final coat of primer
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

And then the next week, a nice color of black
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
Nice looking truck, Pastor Bubba! Make sure you have that exhaust exiting out the side from that muffler though! Wouldn't want all your nice new paint to get rusted out underneath there. Although, I'm sure you already knew that.

dixie_boysles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
looks like it needs a good wet sanding now to get rid of the orange pill. other than that, it is looking GREAT!, pesonally id find s used bed, paint it as well. then put some chrome wheels on it. that truck would look SICK then man.

Dusty_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
haha awsome build your daughter will be happy..... i got a 68 javelin a 69.5 javelin and a 71 amx aswell awsome cars

pastor bubba

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
haha awsome build your daughter will be happy..... i got a 68 javelin a 69.5 javelin and a 71 amx aswell awsome cars
They are awesome cars and I wish I still had my last 2 Javelins, a 68 with a 343 auto and a 69 SST with a 290, 4spd and posi. At one time, I had a 69 AMX Platinum Ed that needed to be restored but sold it because I couldn't afford to do it.

Dusty_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ya the 68 had a 290 and its a big bad blue, the69.5 is the sst with the "go pack" and a 390 and the 71 amx has the 401

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
my daughter will either help build her car or buy it herself ... one way or the other she will earn her car.

good job on the paint ..... you gonna wet sand and buff it?

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
A little advise on painting.. Crank the air pressure up get as close to the body as you feel comfortable and move like a banschee.. That'll get rid of all that orange peel.. Oh and over reduce the last coat by 5 to 10% As long as there are no flow indicators in the first coat it's all good... since you got the orange peel sand it as flat as possible with 2000 grit and a sanding pad then buff... after that it will look like this

[/IMG]

pastor bubba

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
my daughter will either help build her car or buy it herself ... one way or the other she will earn her car.

good job on the paint ..... you gonna wet sand and buff it?
That is the plan for this spring. Since we entering the cold and snow time of the year, I don't want to mess with it over the winter.

And Dusty, you have a nice group of AMC's. I have an 80 Spirit that I put a 360 in and will be dropping in a 401 this next summer. And then I have a 40 Nash that has a 304 and will probably put the 360 in it.

pastor bubba

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I made some progress in putting her back together last weekend and finally got the pics on the puter.
[/IMG]

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
I like the grille on that thing. Where did you manage to pick it up? Want to get one for my '88.

TS6034

September 2009 STOM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Pastor, nice job on the paint. I would try to find a used box for that truck tho. That flat bed isn't very attractive.

pastor bubba

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Andres, the grill came with the truck so i don't know where he bought it, but I do like how it looks as well. A number of people have told me to go with a box instead of the flatbed, but I wasn't able to find one in decent shape and I just don't have the funds for one. So for now, I will use the flatbed and maybe get it replaced in the future. I will be putting the flatbed back on tomorrow and then start working on the wooden stake sides which I hope will look pretty good on it. I did run into some issues with the gas tank. It had one corner that was rusted pretty good so I started to clean the tank so I could paint it and protect it. In doing so, I now have a nice little hole in it. I have found tanks on ebay for a little over $100, but do you all have any suggestions on where to look?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals