• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My New Truck

Legend

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5L EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
I've sure enjoyed the information and help that I got from everybody while I had a Ranger. But yesterday it went away, in fact both vehicles went away and here are pictures of the replacement. Thanks everyone.

:icon_cheers:

ranger to be

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
to be determine
Make / Model
to be determine
Transmission
Manual
sad to hear that the ranger is gone, but nice f150. How is that eco boost? Are your mpg any better, and most important how it the performance?

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
NICE man! how quick is that ecoboost?

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
Different practicality. We understand. Glad to have had you here, man. Dont forget to touch back...

Pete

Legend

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5L EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
sad to hear that the ranger is gone, but nice f150. How is that eco boost? Are your mpg any better, and most important how it the performance?
It seems to be running around 23 mpg highway and 15 city. Highway much better than the 3.0L Ranger and city about the same? Direct injection? We'll have to wait and see - no problems so far. Performance - scary. Has more horsepower and torque than my big block 427 Corvette had. A slight lag as the turbos wind up. The Vette would start smoking the tires as soon as you punched it. This feels like the Ranger for about 2 seconds and then all hell breaks loose.

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Arn't you a little young to be buying a new truck I hope you got your parents consent.:nono:

LOL! Nice truck man, sorry to see the ranger go. But that doesn't mean you half to go I havn't owned a RBV in almost two years. But hopefully that will change in late oct.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
sharp looking truck man!!

but yeah im with mclaren, ur too young to drive that beast LOL

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
Outstanding.......and the driver seems happy too!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
SOHC 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
LT265/75/R16
I bet he's thinking that it'll be his truck one day! I sure as hell was thinking that when my dad brought home his '91 Ranger. But no, instead it went to my oldest brother, then to the bone yard after 330,000 miles. On a side note, that is one heck of a truck. I used to pity full size trucks with a V6, but now with the EcoBoost, I envy them.

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
post a friggin engine shot would you?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Uh oh, better break out the radar detector. You is gonna get ticks man.

Legend

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5L EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
post a friggin engine shot would you?
Sure, along with comments and questions.....
Here is a shot of the front of the radiator. I believe the little cooler in the center is for the transmission (which has a temperature gauge in the cluster) and has the great big cooler below that. The air tubes from the air filter seem to go to that cooler and then come out and go on to the turbos - an intercooler for the air prior to compression? I don't see any extra cooler for the A/C but didn't look it may be built into the bottom of the radiator?

Here's a shot of the top of the engine. The air tubes from the air filter on the right go down behind the radiator to the cooler in front. Sure a lot of plumbing running around.

Battery on the left, you can see the air tube going down to the cooler for the left bank turbo and over on the right the air tube coming back up from the cooler to the right bank turbo.

The plumbing down behind the left bank.

The fuse box is front and center, much handier than previous vehicles.

Hmmm? Weird little module with 4 hydraulic lines out (to the wheels?) and 2 coming in (from the pump?). I'm guessing this is part of the active traction assist / stabilization package? Anti-trailer sway, etc.? I would welcome more info from anyone who knows.

The dip stick handle is just peeking out on the left side. Note the steering shaft coming down with the little u-joint in it.

The steering shaft goes on down with yet another u-joint to the ELECTRIC steering assist. This has no hydraulics involved with the steering. The power steering is electric and does away with the pump, hoses, etc. Sounds like a good thing to me. I've sure replaced a lot of PS pumps over the years.

Big heavy electric fan behind the radiator. The alternator in this baby had better be a really heavy duty one.

The jack stand for the hood on the Ranger was kind of a pain, harking back to my model-T. Everything else has had some sort of spring assist to open and hold the hood up. Happy to see this one has real hood supports / handlers.

The truck has remote start which could be handy. But that makes the general operation quite different. Instead of holding the key in "Start" to spin the engine until it starts, you just click the key and release and from there the system takes over and starts it like the remote starter does. Ah well, one more tiny bit of control given up in the name of convenience......

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals