• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My newest issue...

Fordman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Bought a 92 Ranger with a 3.0 and a4ld. Went forward fine, no reverse. Fluid was ok, slightly discolored, but 150k miles, who knows. Diognosis: most likely low/rev servo leaking or cover gasket blown, since all forward gears seemed fine. Dropped pan, not the problem. Ok, so next guess was reverse high clutch seals blown, or center support seals cut (found that the tranny had been overhauled recently). Pulled tranny, tore down. Found the od band burnt, od clutch burned, but working, center support seals fine, rev high clutch welded, intermediate band fryed. Hard to believe that it seems ok forward with this much carnage, doesnt logically add up, but learned someting new. Had a good tranny from a 2.3 Stang, transplanted the 2.3 guts into the 3.0 tranny. Still finishing the job, so I will post about the results later.

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
My 1988 2wd 2.9.... 250k lost reverse.... 260k lost OD, drove it like this to 275k when I lost all gears except some of first (it'd rev to 3k before engaging, some of the time) and I parked it......... the replacement trans was worth more than my truck. I'm glad you took the initiative to get it living though.

Frank

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals