• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need help please!

knucksfirst

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Found a jet chip on ebay its saying it fits the 1998 4.0 EFI Ranger Manual. Now my ranger has a swapped motor in it I have no idea what year it is but it is a 4.0 EFI. I dont think its a 98, you think the chip will still work. It says to check the part number and see if it is capable with my truck how do I check that? The part number is 89802. Thanks guys.

'99 EB Explorer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
If it's still the factory computer onboard, then there shouldn't be any problems.

knucksfirst

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
help!!

89802 Thats the part number there for it which is the 98. I dont think my computer is the 1998, How would I figure out what year my computer is?? Cause if its a 1997 Its part number is 89702 which would be a no go right?

'99 EB Explorer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Well I think it's safe to assume that, if they have a different part #, then it won't work. As for being able to tell what year it is...I'm pretty sure there's a VIN stamped on the engine somewhere. You could cross reference that. Otherwise, I wouldn't have a clue how to tell the difference.

knucksfirst

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yah just spoke to contumer service it only works with the 98 so unless I have a 98 under the hood she aint gonna work.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals