• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

need help with coils asap

crazywhiteboy

May 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
have fullwidth d44 and 9inch..in the middle of building extended radius arms with ballistic joints and have yet to get coils. what brand coil should i get for good flex, im running 37's and have cut fenders..already have 63inch chevys, going to run them under the frame...soo what coil should i get? thanks:dunno:

littlebrothers4wd

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
you might try early bronco 5.5 progressive coils from james duff i have there 3.5 in springs and run 35's with a little trimming

crazywhiteboy

May 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im lookin for a coil thatll give me good flex and articulation..from what ive heard, duff coils are pretty stiff. what do you guys think about wild horses progressive 'crawler' coil or the bc bronco coils? i think those are some where around the low 200's or so. any opinions on those springs? what about the skyjacker softrides? im looking for a taller coil, like 6.5" to 7" to help me clear the tires, and thatll have alot of travel....thanks guys.

rangertoy

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Solid Axle Swap
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6?
Tire Size
I just replaced my coils with Deaver superflex 5.5 inch EB. They are about the same height as the 6 inch RBV coils I was running, but much more flexy

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Im running a 7" Skyjacker softride coil for an Early bronco, but it has the same P/N as the 6" softride coils for the Fullsize Bronco/F150. They sit around 20" when loaded, supercab with winch and bumper. I'm running prerunner fenders which give me about the same wheel opening as trimming behind the stock flare would, and am running fairly wide 37's with minor rubbing while flexed/turned.

You could get away with less trimming/lift if you push the axle ahead 2-3" or if you choose a skinnier tire.

Bray D

2012 UA Ranger
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think you could get away with a 5.5" coil and trimmed fenders on 37's pretty easily. I've got very minor trimming with the 3.5" coils and 35's.

Wild horses coils are 204/375 rate for the 3.5" coils. The 5.5" are a tad stiffer, I want to say like 220/275 but can't remember exactly.

I've got the 3.5" version and am very pleased with how they perform. Its got decent road manners (DD) and it does things like this on the trail:

Last edited:

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I have a set of Cage 5.5 progressive rate springs I've been trying to get rid of....

$150 puts em on your doorstep.:icon_thumby:

-Said coils w/ 36" tires. Would easily clear 37"s w/ cut fenders

Last edited:

crazywhiteboy

May 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
sooo...was doing some research, and found out that devear makes springs for both bc bronco and wh...if if thats the case, why are they more expensive on deavers site, and bc offers a 6.5 and 7inch coil.

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
sooo...was doing some research, and found out that devear makes springs for both bc bronco and wh...if if thats the case, why are they more expensive on deavers site, and bc offers a 6.5 and 7inch coil.
Dunno bout the prices and such, but The Deaver 6.5 springs are what I replaced my Cage 5.5" springs with. And they sit lower:annoyed:

small ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
171 c.i. of fury
Transmission
Manual
Whats wrong with siting lower? I thought droop was all the rage these days, and up travel was so last year?

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
Whats wrong with siting lower? I thought droop was all the rage these days, and up travel was so last year?
uptravel is better than down.:thefinger:

crazywhiteboy

May 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
so. i think im going to go with the 6.5 bc bronco coils. and for spacing them off the frame, i think im just going to fab my own buckets in the same design as the bronco graveyard buckets, but using 2x4 or 2x6 and some 1/4" plate. anyone know what the overall diameter of the coil is?

crazywhiteboy

May 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
and just got my 31spline spool and 1310 yoke yesterday too!!!:yahoo: have a few other things i want to get before i start cutting into it tho

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals