• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need Help.

87fiveoranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I am fixing to get ready to set my motor in my truck and i found oh here once before of some pictures of a guys heater box that he did not have to cut or modify. If you know the guy or the thread post it on here please.

allnpt0

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It depends on the mounts and whether or not you have a body lift. Cutting the heater box is not a huge deal though. Just cut out the corner, flip the piece around and use a real good silicone or body filler to seal it up. You may have to install and uninstall the motor a couple of time to get it right. You can also install the motor without the valve covers on it. Hope this helps.

Pete

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I am fixing to get ready to set my motor in my truck and i found oh here once before of some pictures of a guys heater box that he did not have to cut or modify. If you know the guy or the thread post it on here please.
A non-AC box is the only way to go IMO, I just heated the corner with heat gun and pushed it in.

I removed the box for engine installation and made the box fit the valve covers. I have a 3" bodylift so you would have to heat more. Valve covers vary too, these are much taller than the ones that came with the engine.

Last edited:

87fiveoranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks guys,and my bad i didn't tell you guys mine is a 2wd. So any more help on this???

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals