• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Needle Screwed up?

85_redranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L 4 Cyl
Transmission
Manual
My needle has been like this for a while but i dunno why it's an 85 2wd 2.8 does anyone have any ideas of how to fix it or maybe could sell another one to me the needle still moves but it says i'm doing around 55 when i'm passing cars doing 70:icon_confused:

Last edited:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
my tach did this a few years back in my BII. it would say i was at 1000 rpm when i was shifting into 5th......so i just went and bought the left side of the cluster from a junkyard and put that in. the needles are VERY brittle, and after years of sitting in the sun and cold they fall apart.

i cant remember how much i paid for the used tach, but i doubt it was much. seems like i tried to find just the needle, but i either couldnt find one or they were just as expensive as gettin a new tach.(this was in 2005)

if you get one from a junkyard you can use just the needle so that you're odometer doesnt change when you put the new cluster in.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals