• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

never let idiots work on your truck...

fredfx4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4l sohc
Transmission
Manual
I lift mine on the frame with the extension but being 6.5" i always find the way to knock my head on the lift arms once everytime i lift it. You should see one of the old guys at work when he lift the new model caravan, he should have worked for nasa, they always look like theyre going to launch.

By the way the lift i hate the most are the alignement ramp, had an accident when i first started. Didnt know the old f150 did not have a safety switch on the clutch and i tought the trans was in neutral. I started the truck by the window and the truck drag me along, i pass right between the front post and the truck. Since then i always double check when using those lift.

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Rangers are THE hardest thing to put up on my lift, especially TTB Rangers.
Even though it looks scary, it is NOT going to fall off. As long as it is on solid points.
I ALWAYS lift the vehicle to the point the tires are off the ground and then give it a really good bounce, If it falls off there it isn't going to hurt anything. I have never had one come off.
If you think yours is hard to put up you should try the Black Frog! No spring hangers!! Putting it on the lift Sucks!
i do the same, lift it till the tires are off the ground, and shake it well. my ext cab 4x4 is tricky to set up beacuse of the gas tank skid:annoyed:

aaron47

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
im not joking, im just saying, looking back, its funny now, i mean c'mon, my truck is known as the wheelie truck in both shops, and yes, i too set up lifts everyday, we have 4 lifts and 2 allignment racks and i set cars up safley every day (im the guy people ask to check things before they do them)

btw, where did you learn the term hoist?, thats always been an engine hoist to me, and car lifts have always been lifts, just never herd that
i don't know maybe a Canadain thing?car hoist,and engine lift is a cherry picker.

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you search for "car hoist" about 11 pages come up, many of the sites say "car lifts" though.

mudnsnow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L EFI
Transmission
Automatic
The cars i hate the most to lft on hoist is when they have low footstep added...... In ten years i've just see a truck fall of a lift once.....An old Mazda B2600. The mechanics place the truck on the hoist, pushed the button and when the truck have lift 3-4 feet from the ground the rusty frame broke between the cabs and the beds!!!!!! No ones have been hurts....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals