• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

new clutch

fordman49450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ell, on September 11th my mom was driving my truck ( I loaned it to her for 3 weeks or so, her car has engine problem and she needed my truck for work) and the truck quit pulling. I went and inspected it and believed the clutch was destroyed. I removed the transmission and sure enough, it was in pieces. This truck has had a shudder on take off ever since I have bought it and I inspected the flywheel and noticed that it was extremely warped and not flat anymore. Also upon removing the shifter on the inside of the truck so I could gain clearance to remove the trans I noticed that the stub shaft was loosed and had a sloppy fit. Upon removing the trans and the stub shaft I noticed that both of the plastic pivots for the ball were no longer there. Also I noticed that the tail shaft housing was leaking on the trans. I ordered all the parts and I replaced all of the shifter parts, I resealed the tail shaft housing and also resealed the rubber shift plugs just for prevention. I also replaced the clutch, pressure plate, slave cylinder and flywheel. Also at this time I am swapping the 2 piece driveshaft for a 1 piece. I installed all components and the clutch feel is a night and day difference and no shudder. it shifts great and the shifter is nice and tight. Hopefully this will be the last of major repairs for a while.

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
It's like having a new truck again eh? Makes you wanna drive.

fordman49450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
well, honestly I have to relearn how to drive it since the clutch feels so different. it grabs earlier and so much smoother. I guess all of the M5OD transmissions I have had in rangers, F-150's etc must have had worn out shifter bushings and such because they all felt about the same. Heck I thought this ranger shifted good compared to all of the rest that I have had that trans in but after replacing the 2 plastic bushings and I had to replace the top cap/seal it feels like brand new and so smooth. I just wish that dang cap wasnt so expensive. I spent 16.00 on the bushings and 43.00 on the cap.. I did order a kit from a website for 41.00 that had the cover/seal the bushings, new pins and new shims but they were on vacation and couldnt ship untill the 23rd and I didnt want to wait that long.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals