• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New guy here, saying hello.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Hey all, so I've been reading about the ranger v8 swap and this site came up ill my searches. I'm going to be buying my dad's 1994 ranger 2wd xlt extended cab. It's got a crap ton of miles, like 280 ish and is slowly dying. No power, trans n clutch issues and just needing some tlc. I finally got my pops on board to sell it to me and help me build it as lil hot rod.
Super excited to be building it with him since he wanted no part in my foxbody rebuild and it's been a dream of mine to do. :)
So lil back round on me. Just a backyard mechanic, learned alot from my pops. He's and old school greaser and has a couple rods already and we do most of the work ourselves
Pretty mechanically inclined and have been wrenching for 20 years.
So my plans for this thing is to fix all the issues and swap a 302/c4 in it. Been reading it's the easiest way to go, with that I do still have a bunch of questions.

I'll snap some pics of the truck tomorrow and toss my build ideas down in a build thread for critique.

Just wanted to say hello and looking forward to this project, hopefully be able to add se goodness to this site.

Take care

1RangerNut

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic

prymetime1

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome rangernut. Alil change to plans as the weeks have progressed. my pops was hesitant on the build so I picked up another 94 ranger extended cab. XL. 3.0 5spd. He still uses his truck and i know how sentimental it is to him, made it easy and will be giving him the donor stuff out of my newtome ranger.
I picked up a bunch of stuff for the swap also and will be creating a build thread shortly. Stay tuned, hope there is some interest as I plan on documenting the entire build.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals