• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

new guy to lowriders

sookie1985

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
hey everybody im a new here thats used to 4x4's and muscle cars worked on susepension before but it was always going the other way

well i got this thing as a daily driver because i was tired of paying for gas in my lifted f150 that got 10mpg and 8mpg in my mustang. it was an abandoned repo that i picked up for $300 from a wrecker yard. its got the 2.3 and 5spd. all it needed was a new clutch and a new back window. body is a little battered and bruised but what can you expect for $300... i was thinking of lowering it but i have no money so i welded up some flip brackets in weld shop and flipped the rear end today. im doing this really not on a budget at all...more like an i cant spend any money at all budget so im planning on cutting my coils up front to bring it down to match the rear and then spend this weekends beer money on the camber eccentrics . this is where i am at so far. tell me what yall think.

mini274

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
cut 2 coils off and your set nice for 300 bucks

constant_projecttruck

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I wish I found that for 300 bucks...looks good for 300 and an hour of work.

sookie1985

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
lowered the front end yesterday and painted the rims to match

sookie1985

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I wish I found that for 300 bucks...looks good for 300 and an hour of work.
hey thanks. yeah im real proud of myself i did all that with not spending a dime and completely changed the look of the truck

as far as the abandoned repo part the interior was completely DESTROYED seats were trashed no carpet headliner is ripped and hanging down stereo ripped out so i snagged a pair of nice seats and center console from an explorer that was out in the wrecker yard about to get sent off to get crushed cause it was totaled from behind and the AC compressor off of it as well. i had to completely rewire the radio not just speaker wire but all power and grounds and antenna, the steering colomn was broken in to and i had to jerry rig a push button start but its all good

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals